Sending a fax from inside TP7 (Class 1 Support)
Author Message
 Sending a fax from inside TP7 (Class 1 Support)

Hi,

I am interested in controlling a fax modem to send a fax to a fax machine
from a program written in TP7.

I know that I could call a pre-existing command line driven program which
does this but I would like to have source code to allow me to port to
different OSs and to allow me to more tightly integrate the faxing feature
into my program.

I have been able to find a program with source which does what I want but it
only works with Class 2 or 2.0 fax modems. I would like something which
could also work with Class 1 fax modems as my development machines only has
a Class One Fax modem and it seems quite a lot of 56k fax modems don't
support Class 2.

Searching the net hasn't turned up much at all in any language, except for
the gettty-sendfax package for Linux. It's written in C however and I
haven't been able to get it to work under DOS due to differences in the
architecture. Also I've found stuff for windows but this doesn't help as I'm
not creating a windows based program.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to send a fax via a fax modem from a TP7
program? There must be someone who has done this / wanted to do this before.

I would just use the code I've found for Class 2 fax modems but as I said
there are a lot of modems which don't support it. I've looked at the
definitions of the Class 1 and Class 2 specs but they don't mean a thing to
me :-(

Since there are a lot of freeware / shareware DOS based fax sending packages
available there must be somewhere where I can find good implementation
details.

Thanks,
Christopher Fairbairn.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. MAPI to Send FAX Example

2. Send fax for using Turbo Pascal (Dos Version)

3. sending and receiving FAX?

4. Sending fax within Delphi 2.0

5. sending and recieving FAX

6. Sending a Fax (sourcecode wanted)

7. Is it possible to execute a large program from inside TP7

8. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!

9. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!

10. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!

11. Automaticaly Faxing reports with MS Fax

12. Sending /recieving mail via TP7.0 in DOS