BORLAND PASCAL
Author Message
 BORLAND PASCAL

I'm studying A Level computing, and was wondering if anyone could tell me
anywhere I could download Borland Pascal 2.0. I only spend a short period of
time on each language, and need a quick and inexpensive way of getting the
program.
Hannah

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BORLAND PASCAL

Quote:
>I'm studying A Level computing, and was wondering if anyone could tell me
>anywhere I could download Borland pascal 2.0. I only spend a short period of
>time on each language, and need a quick and inexpensive way of getting the
>program.

I doubt V2 will be particularly useful, even if you could find a copy. Why not get V5.5
from the Borland Museum.

Relevant part of Mini-FAQ quoted [which you should have read first] :

 4  Borland compilers for download

  Borland has placed three older versions - V1.0, V3.02 and V5.5 of the
  Turbo Pascal compilers on the Internet for download at
         http://community.borland.com/museum/

  Note: you must have 'cookies' enabled in your browser to get past the
  Anonymous LogIn.  You *may* get directly to the download area by trying
        http://community.borland.com/museum/borland/software/

  As regards any licensing issues, Inprise have recently stated
  "Since the software is old, you can do whatever you want with it.
  You can freely distribute the executable version of programs
  that you develop."

--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BORLAND PASCAL
i downloaded borland pascal 5.5 from their homepage, www.borland.co.uk. that
should be better than 2.0, and it was free!!!
cya
craig

Quote:
> I'm studying A Level computing, and was wondering if anyone could tell me
> anywhere I could download Borland pascal 2.0. I only spend a short period
of
> time on each language, and need a quick and inexpensive way of getting the
> program.
> Hannah

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BORLAND PASCAL
I'm in the same position but I can't help wandering why they are free all of
a sudden.  Are these free versions alright or have they become "museum
pieces"?

Quote:

> [...]

>>  4  Borland compilers for download
>> *************************************************************************

>>   Borland has placed three older versions - V1.0, V3.02 and V5.5 of the
>>   Turbo Pascal compilers on the Internet for download at
>>          http://community.borland.com/museum/

>>   Note: you must have 'cookies' enabled in your browser to get past the
>>   Anonymous LogIn.  You *may* get directly to the download area by trying
>>         http://community.borland.com/museum/borland/software/

>>   As regards any licensing issues, Inprise have recently stated
>>   "Since the software is old, you can do whatever you want with it.
>>   You can freely distribute the executable version of programs
>>   that you develop."

>I'm in the same position but I can't help wandering why they are free all of
>a sudden.  Are these free versions alright or have they become "museum

TP1 and TP3.02 are definitely 'museum pieces' now and I would not really
recommend using them unless you need to maintain very old code. However,
despite being in the Borland museum, TP5.50 is a good version for
writing DOS programs.

Although TP5.50 is an older version than TP7 and has a different way of
using the heap than later versions, it is, IMHO, very useful for
creating DOS programs that do not use Turbo Vision or Assembler code in
the body of the program/unit.

To answer your second question, Borland seem to have released versions
for free download that are prior to significant changes in the
functionality of the compiler. The versions, having compared my own V1.0
and V3.02 originals, the same as those originally released.

The only difference is that these versions come without the manuals.

--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/
helpful information  |  http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
and some guidelines  |  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Borland Pascal 7 and Borland C++

2. Incorporating Borland C++ 3.1 functions into Borland Pascal 7

3. Linking C in Turbo Pascal or Borland Pascal?

4. difference between TURBO PASCAL & BORLAND PASCAL

5. difference between TURBO PASCAL & BORLAND PASCAL

6. Porting Borland-Pascal-Code to SUN-Pascal

7. I would like to know the difference between Borland Pascal 7.0 and Turbo Pascal 7.0

8. WTB: Turbo Pascal (or Borland Pascal) v7 DOS

9. WTB: Turbo Pascal (or Borland Pascal) v7 DOS

10. turbo pascal/borland pascal

11. Turbo Pascal 7.0 vs Borland Pascal 7.0

12. Borland Pascal 7.0 on 1.8Ghz plus computers.