TurboPascal and Medassociates Software
Author Message
 TurboPascal and Medassociates Software

Hello,

I am looking for any information about Medassociates Software
which uses the turboPascal compiler.

In specific the software often crashes with a Runtime 200 error
(division by 0) which occurs on a 486DX processor (this processor is too
slow for the Runtime 200 error on the pentium) with limited RAM (8 or 16
MB).....

Any advice would be apprecitiated or just a finger in the right
direction...

Thanks in advance,
                   Benjamin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboPascal and Medassociates Software

Quote:

> I am looking for any information about Medassociates Software
> which uses the turbopascal compiler.

> In specific the software often crashes with a Runtime 200 error
> (division by 0) which occurs on a 486DX processor (this processor is too
> slow for the Runtime 200 error on the pentium) with limited RAM (8 or 16
> MB).....

> Any advice would be apprecitiated or just a finger in the right
> direction...

This must be a simple bug in the application program, but it
is hard to evaluate it without a chance to debug the program.
I assume that you do not have the source of the program...

It is very likely that this error occurs together with some kind
of percent calculations, when no sum is built. This is a hint only.

The RTE200 caused by the fast Pentiums does occur only at program
start, before any of the application specific procedures are
called.

Regards,
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/    http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/            http://start.at/bedarf

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TurboPascal and Medassociates Software

Quote:
>Hello,

>I am looking for any information about Medassociates Software
>which uses the turbopascal compiler.

>In specific the software often crashes with a Runtime 200 error
>(division by 0) which occurs on a 486DX processor (this processor is too
>slow for the Runtime 200 error on the pentium) with limited RAM (8 or 16
>MB).....

I see Franz has already given you the info that it will be a software
error. One possibility worth looking at is the data your feeding it may
have a 0 when the program is expecting it to be non zero.

If is science research software, you'll MED Associates Inc. at
http://www.medassociates.com/ - their contact details are on the site.
--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. PROBLEM WITH TURBOPASCAL

2. TurboPascal

3. LEARNING TURBOPASCAL

4. OT: is borland.public.turbopascal gone?

5. Urgent: Euro sign in TurboPascal

6. Euro Character in TurboPascal

7. TurboPascal on the 9110

8. TurboPascal reference / TURBO.HLP unpacker?

9. TurboPascal 6 fonction Not in TP3

10. TurboPascal v1.5 for Win

11. Q: CMD Line Arguements HowTow get them ...using TurboPascal 4.0 MS-DOS

12. TurboPascal programs on fast PCs