Turbo Pascal for Windows
Author Message
 Turbo Pascal for Windows

I have, for many years, been doing quite a few programs under DOS with the
TurboPascal. Lastly I have been using TP7.0 for DOS. Now, I have started
using Windows (WIN98SE). I still want to use my old programs, but transfer
them into a state taht they may be run under Windows. In the onscreen help
it says that this should be possible by putting the following line in the
top of your program:

    USES WINDOWS;

Doing so, I get a message that the unit WINDOWS does not exist.

Is there anybody out there, who have a TP that will be running under
Windows, and who do not need it any longer? Maybe I could buy it out of
you???

Regards,
David

--
David Pedersen    (Norway)

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:55:45 GMT
 Turbo Pascal for Windows
 You can buy a copy here : http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/borpasv.htm
Quote:

>Is there anybody out there, who have a TP that will be running under
>Windows, and who do not need it any longer? Maybe I could buy it out of
>you???

>Regards,
>David

>--
>David Pedersen    (Norway)

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:13:35 GMT
 Turbo Pascal for Windows
Go to Delphi - get D3 on Ebay for ~$20-30 - your TP code will work fine

Quote:

> > I have, for many years, been doing quite a few programs under DOS with
> the
> > TurboPascal. Lastly I have been using TP7.0 for DOS. Now, I have
> started
> > using Windows (WIN98SE). I still want to use my old programs, but
> transfer
> > them into a state taht they may be run under Windows. In the onscreen
> help
> > it says that this should be possible by putting the following line in
> the
> > top of your program:

> >     USES WINDOWS;

> > Doing so, I get a message that the unit WINDOWS does not exist.

> True, there is no such unit. Not even if you have TP for windows.

> > Is there anybody out there, who have a TP that will be running under
> > Windows, and who do not need it any longer? Maybe I could buy it out
> of
> > you???

> Win95 and Win98 are the best Windows versions for running old dos
> programs. You can simply run your old programs and the TP IDE in a
> Windows Dosbox or full screen.
> The only thing you have to take care of is the RTE 200 bug in TP. This
> is an error that occurs if your computer is to fast. See the FAQ  weekly
> posted by Robert AH Prins in this newsgroup for solutions.

> If you can get hold of a copy of Borland Pascal with objects, use that.
> It has the possibility to compile for real and protected DOS mode and
> for Windows.

> You might consider buying Delphi, which is the most up to date 32 bits
> compiler for Windows, but the code it is not compatible with TP.

> --
> good luck
> Femme

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:51:20 GMT
 Turbo Pascal for Windows

Quote:

> Go to Delphi - get D3 on Ebay for ~$20-30 - your TP code will work fine

>>>I have, for many years, been doing quite a few programs under DOS with

>>the

>>>TurboPascal. Lastly I have been using TP7.0 for DOS. Now, I have

>>started

>>>using Windows (WIN98SE). I still want to use my old programs, but

>>transfer

>>>them into a state taht they may be run under Windows. In the onscreen

>>help

>>>it says that this should be possible by putting the following line in

>>the

>>>top of your program:

>>>    USES WINDOWS;

>>>Doing so, I get a message that the unit WINDOWS does not exist.

I think you need to look for WINTYPES and WINPROCS units rather than WINDOWS

HTH

>>True, there is no such unit. Not even if you have TP for windows.

>>>Is there anybody out there, who have a TP that will be running under
>>>Windows, and who do not need it any longer? Maybe I could buy it out

>>of

>>>you???

>>Win95 and Win98 are the best Windows versions for running old dos
>>programs. You can simply run your old programs and the TP IDE in a
>>Windows Dosbox or full screen.
>>The only thing you have to take care of is the RTE 200 bug in TP. This
>>is an error that occurs if your computer is to fast. See the FAQ  weekly
>>posted by Robert AH Prins in this newsgroup for solutions.

>>If you can get hold of a copy of Borland Pascal with objects, use that.
>>It has the possibility to compile for real and protected DOS mode and
>>for Windows.

>>You might consider buying Delphi, which is the most up to date 32 bits
>>compiler for Windows, but the code it is not compatible with TP.

>>--
>>good luck
>>Femme

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:15:16 GMT

1. HELP: Turbo Pascal for Windows - Object Windows

2. Why Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 ?

3. Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5 Tutorial

4. help on stacks and queues (turbo pascal for windows)

5. Turbo Pascal for Windows v1.5

6. Help: Turbo Pascal for windows V1.5

7. Turbo Pascal for Windows doesn't quite work w/ Win 95

8. Questions: CRT of Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5

9. Diskette 5 unreadable: Turbo Pascal for Windows help file

10. Programming hypertext in Turbo Pascal for Windows

11. Turbo Pascal for Windows

12. Need help with Turbo Pascal for Windows...