Sending long Command lines to Exec
Author Message
 Sending long Command lines to Exec

Quote:

> : I'm trying to send a large string to a .BAT file using the Exec
> : Procedure.  The string contains about 60 variables that will be passed
> : to the .BAT file.  It appears that Exec will only pass about the first
> : 140 characters of the string.  The string is actually about 210
> : characters long.  Is there any way I can get it to work?  I'm using BP7
> : and compiling in real mode.

> This is a limit of MS-DOS, not Borland Pascal.
> The standard solution is changing the program that you are
> calling. Teach it to read its arguments from a file instead
> from the command line.

You can teach a batch file that?  How!

You could make your program _write_ the batch file, with the parameters
built in.

--
* TQ 1.0 * The 'Just So Quotes'.
Q: How is a book by Alan Dean Foster like a (void) function?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. long command lines

2. Long command-lines under Win9x

3. Pascal Exec command in Windows XP Environment

4. Turbo Pascal 7 Exec Command Trouble

5. exec command whit FPK Pascal

6. the exec command

7. How to exec system commands

8. Help: Exec command with TPW 1.5

9. equivalant exec command in BP for BPW

10. Exec command v. Debugger

11. Exec Command problem

12. Exec file, no command.com required?