WTB Turbo Pascal 7
Author Message
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

says...

Quote:

--------------------
"Front sight!  Press!"
 PGP ID:   C578BCD9
 Fingerprint =  89 DD C8 3C 6C C9 91 A0  B0 B5 1F 7B D7 AC 19 1F
 Key available at http://www.pgp.com/keyserver/pks-lookup.cgi

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

> says...

> >Looking to buy a copy of Turbo Pascal 7.  Please contact me if you have a
> copy
> >for sale.

> >Thanks.

> Why buy it??  Just look around on the net for it....I found it on
> alt.binaries.warez.

Why?  Because there are people in this world who aren't as cheap and
dishonest as you are.  Turbo Pascal is a COMMERCIAL package.  If you're
using it, you should have bought it, or at least have a valid license
(such as if you're using your school's copy).  Otherwise, you may as
well just keep your mouth shut about it.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

> >Looking to buy a copy of Turbo Pascal 7.  Please contact me if you
> >have a copy for sale.

> Why buy it??  Just look around on the net for it....I found it on
> alt.binaries.warez.

It takes a special _kind_ of idiot to stand in front of a group of
respectable, honest programmers who thought it good to purchase their
own tools and say, "I stole mine!"

AME

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:
> > >Looking to buy a copy of Turbo Pascal 7.  Please contact me if you have a copy for sale.

> > Why buy it??  Just look around on the net for it....I found it on
> > alt.binaries.warez.

> Why?  Because there are people in this world who aren't as cheap and
> dishonest as you are.  Turbo Pascal is a COMMERCIAL package.  If you're
> using it, you should have bought it, or at least have a valid license
> (such as if you're using your school's copy).  Otherwise, you may as
> well just keep your mouth shut about it.

   Yep, he's a lamer - as evidenced by the questions he's been asking
here.  Guess he should have stolen a manual, too, by the look of the
stuff he's asking...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:
>> Why?  Because there are people in this world who aren't as cheap and
>> dishonest as you are.  Turbo Pascal is a COMMERCIAL package.  If you're
>> using it, you should have bought it, or at least have a valid license
>> (such as if you're using your school's copy).  Otherwise, you may as
>> well just keep your mouth shut about it.

Here's kind of a follow up question on this thread...I just purchased a used
copy of Turbo Pascal 6.0 with all original disks/manuals and in an original
box.  Did I purchase a legal copy?  What if the original owner used the
upgrade path to 7.0 (if there was one)?  Would he/she then be permitted
legally to sell their prior version?  Also, if this person (I have no reason
to question their integrity, this is all just curiosity) decided to leave the
software installed on their machine and/or made a copy and then sold me the
package would I, or they be guilty of piracy(theft)???

Thanks In Advance, OZ.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

> >> Why?  Because there are people in this world who aren't as cheap and
> >> dishonest as you are.  Turbo Pascal is a COMMERCIAL package.  If you're
> >> using it, you should have bought it, or at least have a valid license
> >> (such as if you're using your school's copy).  Otherwise, you may as well just keep your mouth shut about it.

> >   Yep, he's a lamer - as evidenced by the questions he's been asking
> >here.  Guess he should have stolen a manual, too, by the look of the
> >stuff he's asking...

> No, I spent $40 on a stinking book.  Excuse the hell out of me for trying to learn something.

   It's clear you haven't learned the fundamentals of Life, which is
where you should have started (long ago).

Quote:
> I think I just picked the wrong group of people to ask.

   Oh, you finally figured that out, have you?

Quote:
> Should people who can't afford food not be allowed to eat???????

   Yes, they shouldn't be allowed to eat.  Then, they'll die and the
world will be rid of them.  Makes plenty of sense to me...

Quote:
> What the hell would you tell them???

   "Get a job."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

> >> Why buy it??  Just look around on the net for it....I found it on
> >> alt.binaries.warez.

> >It takes a special _kind_ of idiot to stand in front of a group of
> >respectable, honest programmers who thought it good to purchase their
> >own tools and say, "I stole mine!"

> BUYING DOES NOT MAKE YOU RESPECTABLE OR HONEST IDIOT!
> Helping people does.  I spend my extra time tutoring a student from
> Cabrini Green in Chicago, what do YOU do?  Who the hell are you? Bill
> Gates?

I didn't say that buying makes one respectable. But respectable people
are not often associated with thieves. And helping people doesn't make
one respectable or honest, either, particularly when the helping
involves passing around commercial software for free.

What you do with your free time is off topic here. And what I do with my
cheritable resources is none of your business.

It doesn't even matter that you, as you have stated, would never sell
software that you wrote, but would give it freely. I'm sure that you do
something for money and I'm equally sure that you would not be willing
to do that thing for free.

Some people (including many who frequent this newsgroup) make their
living writing software. That means that if everybody pirated their
work, they would be unable to feed their families.

If all you want to do is learn Pascal (which you have also stated) then
why not go for one of the many free compilers? It seems to me a better
option than stealing.

AME

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

>> says...

>> >Looking to buy a copy of Turbo Pascal 7.  Please contact me if you
have a
>> copy
>> >for sale.

>> >Thanks.

>> Why buy it??  Just look around on the net for it....I found it on
>> alt.binaries.warez.

>Why?  Because there are people in this world who aren't as cheap and
>dishonest as you are.  Turbo Pascal is a COMMERCIAL package.  If you're
>using it, you should have bought it, or at least have a valid license
>(such as if you're using your school's copy).  Otherwise, you may as
>well just keep your mouth shut about it.

>--
>Scott Earnest        | We now return you to our regularly |

You have got to be kidding me.  SOME people in this world care more about
money.  I am one of them.  I can careless about making or giving it. You
keep your mouth shut.  If I ever (not likely) produce any software that
can be of any use to anyone, I wouldn't dream of selling, and surely not
demanding, money for it.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

a copy for sale.

>> > Why buy it??  Just look around on the net for it....I found it on
>> > alt.binaries.warez.

>> Why?  Because there are people in this world who aren't as cheap and
>> dishonest as you are.  Turbo Pascal is a COMMERCIAL package.  If you're
>> using it, you should have bought it, or at least have a valid license
>> (such as if you're using your school's copy).  Otherwise, you may as
>> well just keep your mouth shut about it.

>   Yep, he's a lamer - as evidenced by the questions he's been asking
>here.  Guess he should have stolen a manual, too, by the look of the
>stuff he's asking...

No, I spent $40 on a stinking book.  Excuse the hell out of me for trying to
learn something.  I think I just picked the wrong group of people to ask.
Should people who can't afford food not be allowed to eat???????  What the
hell would you tell them???

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

>>> Why?  Because there are people in this world who aren't as cheap and
>>> dishonest as you are.  Turbo Pascal is a COMMERCIAL package.  If you're
>>> using it, you should have bought it, or at least have a valid license
>>> (such as if you're using your school's copy).  Otherwise, you may as
>>> well just keep your mouth shut about it.

>Here's kind of a follow up question on this thread...I just purchased a used
>copy of Turbo Pascal 6.0 with all original disks/manuals and in an original
>box.  Did I purchase a legal copy?  What if the original owner used the
>upgrade path to 7.0 (if there was one)?  Would he/she then be permitted
>legally to sell their prior version?  Also, if this person (I have no reason
>to question their integrity, this is all just curiosity) decided to leave
the
>software installed on their machine and/or made a copy and then sold me the
>package would I, or they be guilty of piracy(theft)???

>Thanks In Advance, OZ.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:  I did at least buy TPW, used of course.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

> >> Why buy it??  Just look around on the net for it....I found it on
> >> alt.binaries.warez.

> >It takes a special _kind_ of idiot to stand in front of a group of
> >respectable, honest programmers who thought it good to purchase their
> >own tools and say, "I stole mine!"

> >AME

> BUYING DOES NOT MAKE YOU RESPECTABLE OR HONEST IDIOT!

He said not such thing.  He effectively said that if you
were honest and respectable you would not have stolen your
copy of TP 7.  At no point did he suggest the converse
was true.

Buying may not make you respectable or honest - any child
abuser can faithfully pay for everything - but stealing
most definitely makes you disrespectful and dishonest.

Quote:
> Helping people does.

No it doesn't.  It makes you helpful.  A lot of pretty
crummy people can be "helpful" at times.

Quote:
> I spend my extra time tutoring a student from
> Cabrini Green in Chicago, what do YOU do?

I applaud your efforts to help the Chicago student, but it in
no way excuses the theft you so readily admitted to.

If I were you, I would use a long chain of anonymous remailers
before posting a message in which you confess to one crime
(stealing software) and commit another by urging someone
else to do the same thing.

--
Rob Stow                When using the "reply" feature of your mail

                        from the address.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

> a copy for sale.

> >> Why?  Because there are people in this world who aren't as cheap and
> >> dishonest as you are.  Turbo Pascal is a COMMERCIAL package.  If you're
> >> using it, you should have bought it, or at least have a valid license
> >> (such as if you're using your school's copy).  Otherwise, you may as
> >> well just keep your mouth shut about it.

> >   Yep, he's a lamer - as evidenced by the questions he's been asking
> >here.  Guess he should have stolen a manual, too, by the look of the
> >stuff he's asking...

> No, I spent $40 on a stinking book.  Excuse the hell out of me for trying to
> learn something.  I think I just picked the wrong group of people to ask.
> Should people who can't afford food not be allowed to eat???????  What the
> hell would you tell them???

if your are a student try the school book store the price is usally
almost half the retail price

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:

>> >Looking to buy a copy of Turbo Pascal 7.  Please contact me if you
>> >have a copy for sale.

>> Why buy it??  Just look around on the net for it....I found it on
>> alt.binaries.warez.

>It takes a special _kind_ of idiot to stand in front of a group of
>respectable, honest programmers who thought it good to purchase their
>own tools and say, "I stole mine!"

>AME

BUYING DOES NOT MAKE YOU RESPECTABLE OR HONEST IDIOT!
Helping people does.  I spend my extra time tutoring a student from
Cabrini Green in Chicago, what do YOU do?  Who the hell are you? Bill
Gates?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WTB Turbo Pascal 7

Quote:
>Who the hell are you? Bill Gates?

Hey hey! Theres no need to get INSULTING here!
--
     Valdus -/- Hilton Janfield -(- sysop of dark genesis bbs -\- Valdus
 dark genesis bbs system * 250/561-2850 * 14400 baud * lots of games * MORE!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 25 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. WTB: Turbo Pascal (or Borland Pascal) v7 DOS

2. WTB: Turbo Pascal (or Borland Pascal) v7 DOS

3. WTB: Turbo Pascal v7

4. WTB Turbo Pascal 7.0

5. WTB: Turbo PASCAL

6. WTB: Turbo PASCAL 7.0

7. WTB: Turbo Pascal 7

8. WTB: Turbo PASCAL 7.0

9. Need Advice & WTB: Turbo Pascal 7

10. WTB: Turbo PASCAL WINdows v1.5

11. WTB: Turbo Pascal Version 5.5 Or Newer

12. WTB: Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS and Windows