640 X 480 X 256?
Author Message
 640 X 480 X 256?

Before I start, I'd just like to apologise if I've made any stupid
newbie errors in protocol here.  First time on use net, and first time
using Pascal in many, many years.  Too many perhaphs.

Anyway, I'm trying to open a graphic driver in 640 x 480 and with 256
colors in TP7, but I'm not having a lot of joy.  I've tried the
IBM8514 BGI in mode 1 & 2, but can't get that to work at all.  I've
tried downloading the VGA256 BGI, but that only seems to support 320 x
200.  I've spent the best part of today searching the web for some
pointers, but still no good.

If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong I be greatful.

Cheers,

Rich.

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:20:42 GMT
 640 X 480 X 256?

Quote:
> If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong I be greatful.

http://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/bgidriv.html

Robert Riebisch
--
BTTR Software
http://www.bttr-software.de/

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:32:24 GMT
 640 X 480 X 256?
Standard VGA only supports 320x200-256.  To move to a better pallet or res,
you'll need to look at SVGA.

K1ng

Quote:
> Before I start, I'd just like to apologise if I've made any stupid
> newbie errors in protocol here.  First time on use net, and first time
> using Pascal in many, many years.  Too many perhaphs.

> Anyway, I'm trying to open a graphic driver in 640 x 480 and with 256
> colors in TP7, but I'm not having a lot of joy.  I've tried the
> IBM8514 BGI in mode 1 & 2, but can't get that to work at all.  I've
> tried downloading the VGA256 BGI, but that only seems to support 320 x
> 200.  I've spent the best part of today searching the web for some
> pointers, but still no good.

> If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong I be greatful.

> Cheers,

> Rich.

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:24:24 GMT

1. mouse , keyboard, and 640 x 480 x 256 graphics unit

2. how can I use 640*480*256 mode?

3. How to use mode 640*480*256

4. 480 x 640 Pixels, 256 or more colors, wanted

5. 640*480*256 colors;

6. 640*480*256

7. re- re- 640*480*256 BGI

8. 640*480*256 graphics

9. 640 x 480 x 256

10. 640*480*256 mode

11. VESA 640*480*256 Question..

12. Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode