mouse function-tpd on win2k
Author Message
 mouse function-tpd on win2k

when running turbo Pascal for dos(7) on win2k, the mouse bottons are not
functioning. (there is movement)
Tried to load mouse dos driver with batch file, didnt help.
Can somebody help?

Fri, 27 May 2005 19:25:46 GMT
 mouse function-tpd on win2k
mzik schrieb:

Quote:
> when running turbo pascal for dos(7) on win2k, the mouse bottons are not
> functioning. (there is movement)
> Tried to load mouse dos driver with batch file, didnt help.
> Can somebody help?

> --

Where is the problem? Within the IDE? If yes, use it in full screen
mode, it should work then.

Greetings

Markus

Sat, 28 May 2005 02:16:52 GMT
 mouse function-tpd on win2k

Hi Marcus
Sorry-I dont know what a ide is- i'm the net admin and not a pascal user
Cant run it in ful screen-only in window
can you help?
thnks
Moshe Zik
net admin
harishonim Highschool

Sat, 28 May 2005 15:43:18 GMT
 mouse function-tpd on win2k
mzik schrieb:

Quote:
> Hi Marcus
> Sorry-I dont know what a ide is-

Oh, sorry for not telling you that. The IDE is the Integrated
Development Environement, that menas the Editor you write the programs
in and use to compile/run them. With TP you can run the programs from
the IDE if you have the source-code (.PAS file) or you can run the
program from the OS (DOS, Windows...) if you have it as executable (.EXE
File). With the compiler (built into the IDE) you can make executables
from the source code. Now we need to know, whether the program exists
with the IDE or some self-written pascal program.

Why can't you use TP or the program in full-screen mode? Otherwise I
think you won't get the mouse in the app. because Windows owns it and
doesn't give it to the app. It will do only in full-screen mode I think...

Greetings

Markus

Sun, 29 May 2005 01:00:00 GMT
 mouse function-tpd on win2k
[...]

Quote:
> Why can't you use TP or the program in full-screen mode? Otherwise I
> think you won't get the mouse in the app. because Windows owns it and
> doesn't give it to the app. It will do only in full-screen mode I
> think...

works fine for me.

select turbo.exe or tpx.exe by right-clicking.
-> properties
-> "sonstiges", sorry german version here, the last tab :-)
-> mouse -> select exclusive mode.

this works for all of my dos-apps written with tp.
most of them have the ability to run the gui in text or vga-mode
(640x480x16).
windowed mode of course only is possible in textmode - but switching is
possible.

there seems to be a problem if a batchfile is involved. sometimes the
magic ;-) ist lost.

the behavior might be different on other machines.
this machine: amd k6-II+, elsa erazor 3 lt (nvidia tnt2 m64, driver is
detonator 30.82), ms intellimouse - no special device drivers.

best regards
jochen

Mon, 30 May 2005 03:00:43 GMT

1. Best Pascal Compiler for Win2K

2. Help: QuickReport 2.0k crash in Win2k

3. BP7 editor under Win2k

4. TP7.0 and Win2K/WinME

5. Problems with VGA256 and Win2K

6. Compiling under Win2k

7. Metawindow 5.0 with Borland pascal 7.0 app crashes under win2K

8. mouse...need mouse!!

9. Mouse Button and Color of mouse

10. Turbo Pascal for Windows and Round function and randomize function

11. why define a function w/in another function?

12. functions as function