QUES: Windows Program Group How To
Author Message
 QUES: Windows Program Group How To

I want to program (rather than interactively create) a Windows Program
Group.  Currently I create a program group using the Windows3.1 Program
Manager window bar menu item File->New.  This gives me the New Program
Object.  I then select the Program Item option and create the new group
using the accompanying dialogue box.  This produces a file with the .GRP
extension.  Where should I look for documentation on the format of this
type of file? -OR BETTER YET- How can I do this via source code?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 QUES: Windows Program Group How To

: I want to program (rather than interactively create) a Windows Program
: Group.  Currently I create a program group using the Windows3.1 Program
: Manager window bar menu item File->New.  This gives me the New Program
: Object.  I then select the Program Item option and create the new group
: using the accompanying dialogue box.  This produces a file with the .GRP
: extension.  Where should I look for documentation on the format of this
: type of file? -OR BETTER YET- How can I do this via source code?

The best way to do this is via DDE commands to ProgMan. I don't have them
at hand, but search for "Shell DDE" on the Microsoft Knowledge Base
http://www.microsoft.com/KB/

Eyal Doron

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 QUES: Windows Program Group How To

Quote:

>I want to program (rather than interactively create) a Windows Program
>Group.  Currently I create a program group using the Windows3.1 Program
>Manager window bar menu item File->New.  This gives me the New Program
>Object.  I then select the Program Item option and create the new group
>using the accompanying dialogue box.  This produces a file with the .GRP
>extension.  Where should I look for documentation on the format of this
>type of file? -OR BETTER YET- How can I do this via source code?

Look in the Windows API help under Progman.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Creating Windows Program group from Pascal program

2. how can I launch a windows program from my windows program

3. REQ: How to create groups in Windows?

4. Detecting Windows from non-Windows program

5. Join an E-Mail Programming group...

6. Genral Protection Fault - creating program groups

7. TPW - create program groups and icons

8. TPW - create program groups and icons

9. ****TEEN PROGRAMMING GROUP*****

10. *****TEEN PROGRAMMING GROUP****

11. <==============Join Teen Programming Group=======================>

12. How do you create program groups (folders) with Icons