Graphics font trouble
Author Message
 Graphics font trouble

Can someone PLEEEEEASE  help me?????

For our 10th grade assignment, we have to write a program to manage a
video store. I have done the entire thing in Graph mode, and
everything seems to work perfectly so far. However, after a while, the
text font (font 2 - SmallFont goes REALLY, REALLY small, into  a tiny
block. Is it a memory error? I'm already using the Compiler Directive
{M$}, but its doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Hilton Giesenow

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Graphics font trouble

Quote:

>Can someone PLEEEEEASE  help me?????

>For our 10th grade assignment, we have to write a program to manage a
>video store. I have done the entire thing in Graph mode, and
>everything seems to work perfectly so far. However, after a while, the
>text font (font 2 - SmallFont goes REALLY, REALLY small, into  a tiny
>block. Is it a memory error? I'm already using the Compiler Directive
>{M$}, but its doesn't work.

>Can anyone help me?

>Thanks in advance,

>Hilton Giesenow

Well... your right.
It probably is a memory problem.
Try to reduce the memory requirements of your application and
write things to disk. {BlockRead / BlockWrite}

James Richard
Department of Computer Services
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF NOVA SCOTIA

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Graphics font trouble

Quote:
> Can someone PLEEEEEASE  help me?????

> For our 10th grade assignment, we have to write a program to manage a
> video store. I have done the entire thing in Graph mode, and
> everything seems to work perfectly so far. However, after a while, the
> text font (font 2 - SmallFont goes REALLY, REALLY small, into  a tiny
> block. Is it a memory error? I'm already using the Compiler Directive
> {M$}, but its doesn't work.

> Can anyone help me?

> Thanks in advance,

> Hilton Giesenow

Do you use any other fonts in your program? I usually stick with the
default font and the small font. For most circumstances I define them this
way:
     SetTextStyle( DEFAULTFONT, 0, 1 );
and
     SetTextStyle( SMALLFONT, 0, 5 );
to get what I consider the best appearence.

Be sure to use SetTextStyle() whenever you go to a new font, or you can
really get some funny effects.

Beyond this, I have no idea what your problem might be.

Good luck, Doug

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Having trouble with Fonts in OWL (Windows)

2. Fonts in Graphics mode

3. Including graphic driver & font

4. graphics in text mode using dual fonts

5. efontd11.zip Cvt *ANY* graphic font to CHR format used by BGI, P.Navato

6. efontd11.zip Cvt *ANY* graphic font to CHR format used by BGI, P.Navato

7. converting TrueType fonts to BGI-CHR fonts

8. Help:Saving Graphic Image Into A BLOB Graphic Field In Paradox Table

9. tpgraf.zip Two graphics spheres demos and graphics library, E.Glynn

10. GRAPHICS MUSIC AND MORE graphics...

11. gvision.zip - Graphics Vision 2.01: TV 2.0 in true graphics

12. Midas: trouble updating fields in 3-tier app