USB
Author Message
 USB

i heard you can write to com ports with the command

write(com, whatever);

but, is there any way to write / read from the USB ports? im a begineer at
this, learning Pascal both at home and at school.
im just thinking, by the time i get to write descent sized programs, which
wont be long with my A-level project coming up next year, ill need to use I
/ O devices. If I looked in PRINTER.TPU, would it give me a routine for
accesing the parallel port? how would I ammend this if I wanted to acces
another device on the same port? e.g. I have a zip drive, a scanner, and a
printer all plugged through the same port.

well, hope i havent confuse dyou guys (can anyone??)
cya!
craig

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 USB
basically no dos does not support usb at all therefore pascal can't
use dos to access usb. I don't think windows can map it in such a way that
dos would think it's a comm port either.

printer.tpu associates the lpt port with a file but isn't very
sophisticated so the control you would have is rather limited. What you
should look for is a spec on the printer port and use the port array to
talk directly if you want sophisticated access you will also need to learn
about irq's.

bevyn

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. NetMD sofware projects (USB interface)

2. Print to Printer on USB Port?

3. Print over Windows USB, network, fax...

4. PRINTING TO USB PRINTER-HELP

5. fpc usb device interface available

6. PRINTING TO USB PRINTER?

7. USB (mouse) drivers