WIN 1.5 - ICON in Window
Author Message
 WIN 1.5 - ICON in Window

I was informed that you can change the WINCRT.UNIT to place my own icon in the
top bar of the program window.

I tried to change the following line

CrtClass.hIcon := LoadIcon(0, idi_Application);    TO

CrtClass.hIcon := LoadIcon(Lion);

I received an error, unkown identifier.

WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE IN THE WINCRT UNIT TO DISPLAY MY ICON?

THANKS

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 WIN 1.5 - ICON in Window

Quote:

> I was informed that you can change the WINCRT.UNIT to place my own icon in the
> top bar of the program window.

Dmhusa,

I also forgot to mention the .RES (resource).
The LoadIcon needs the name of an icon in the resource file.
You can make these files using Resource Workshop.
Create a simple icon, name it, and save it as a .RES.
 -It doesn't have to be pretty. :)

For example, I use:
 {$R AIBrain.res}        {notice it is not 'Range Checking, $R'}
at the beginning of my program {although I believe you can place it
almost anywhere}
where 'aibrain.res' is the name of the file I created in workshop.

then in my LoadCion line I use:
  hIcon:=LoadIcon(System.hInstance,'AIBrain1');
where 'AIBrain1' is the name of the icon I created.

If you need any help with Tpw, please contact me.
I'd be glad to help and show examples.

--

http://www.geocities.com/aibrain/        "AIBrain Home Page"
"To gain an intimate knowledge of our weapons of destruction,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. WIN 1.5, Icon question (place icon in title window

2. Adding an Icon to my Window Bar - Win 1.5

3. How do you add and ICON to the Status Bar - Win 1.5

4. TPW 1.5 - Adding an ICON to the TITLE WINDOW

5. Win 1.5 Pascal - Displaying Lines in/on Screens/Window

6. WIN 1.5 Pascal - Centering text window on screen

7. Win 1.5 Pascal - CRT Unit - Window positioning

8. Centering Window with Win 1.5

9. Win 1.5 Debugger Fix for Windows 95

10. Pascal for WIN 1.5 - Centering Window on Screen

11. Adding an ICON to the Status Bar in TPW 1.5

12. Adding an icon to the WIN95 Tray from TPW 1.5