WINCRT
Author Message
 WINCRT

NOTE: I am using Pascal 5.5

I downloaded a program a while ago which included in it the .pas file. It used
a unit called 'wincrt', which seemed to be crt, but running the program out of
DOS mode.
Can someone give me some more info about it, and where to find it ?
I don't really want to change Pascal versions, as I am happy with 5.5, but
running the program out of DOS mode would be useful.
~Jonathan.

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:50:38 GMT
 WINCRT

Quote:

>NOTE: I am using Pascal 5.5

>I downloaded a program a while ago which included in it the .pas file. It used
>a unit called 'wincrt', which seemed to be crt, but running the program out of
>DOS mode.
>Can someone give me some more info about it, and where to find it ?

There is no way to find it for TP 5.5.

Quote:
>I don't really want to change Pascal versions, as I am happy with 5.5, but
>running the program out of DOS mode would be useful.

How  about moving moving the cursor on top of the "W" and pressing <del>
three times?

Osmo

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:44:33 GMT
 WINCRT

Quote:
>How  about moving moving the cursor on top of the "W" and pressing <del>
>three times?

CRT runs the program in a DOS window. As I said, I want to run it in a Windows
window, which is only possible (as far as I know) with WINCRT.
~Jonathan.

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:44:27 GMT
 WINCRT

Quote:

> >How  about moving moving the cursor on top of the "W" and pressing <del>
> >three times?

> CRT runs the program in a DOS window. As I said, I want to run it in a Windows
> window, which is only possible (as far as I know) with WINCRT.
> ~Jonathan.

WINCRT was (is) a feature of Turbo Pascal for Windows, supplied with
Turbo Pascal 7 (and maybe with TP6, I don't know - never had that
version) and with Borland Pascal 7. Osmo's point was that there's no
retrofit to TP5.5, so you need to use unit CRT, and give up on windows
type programming, or move to a later version of Pascal...

Al Moore

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:08:07 GMT
 WINCRT

Quote:

>WINCRT was (is) a feature of Turbo Pascal for Windows, supplied with
>Turbo Pascal 7 (and maybe with TP6, I don't know - never had that
>version)

It not not supplied with either TP 6.0 or 7.0. Those are DOS compilers.
It is only supplied with TPW, like version 1.5, and BP 7.0

Osmo

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:09:28 GMT

1. wincrt.tpu

2. wincrt.tpu - Windows window

3. Question on WinCrt of TPW 1.5

4. wincrt and freepascal

5. WinCRT in FreePascal

6. Documentation of FreePascal WinCrt & WinMouse units

7. WIncrt

8. WinCRT

9. TDialog in WinCrt ???

10. WinCRT

11. Looking for WinTypes,WinCrt,WinProcs units, please...

12. delay in wincrt?