Appending to files in OberonF/Component Pascal 1.2
Author Message
 Appending to files in OberonF/Component Pascal 1.2

     I've been trying to find a way to append ascii data to an ascii file
in a project I'm exploring in OberonF 1.2.  "Stores" and "Converters" have
eluded my attempts to understand and experiment with in any meaningful way
(the present documentation and my way of grasping ideas seem not to work
together successfully).  This has forced me to use ObxAscii as the basis
for the ascii file manipulations that I've done to date.  However, it
seems ObxAscii, through several intermediate steps, will only open a file
in a write-from-scratch mode, rather than an "append-to-existing" mode.
     I only need to append data at the end of an existing file, it's a log
file, essentially.  Is there a relatively simple way to do this in OberonF
that I haven't discovered?  Or do I have to start from scratch and build
up my own byte by byte file writing mechanism?  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Les Snively

--
Les Snively

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Appending to files in OberonF/Component Pascal 1.2

excerpted program: how to append to an Oberon/F file:

f: Files.File; w: Files.Writer;

w := f.NewWriter(w); w.SetPos(f.Length());

w.WriteByte(ch); (* or *)

w.WriteBytes(...);

Best wishes,

Mayson G. Lancaster

Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wrapping controls: Black Box/ Component Pascal/ OberonF

2. BlackBox / Component Pascal - Compound Components

3. ANN: CSBuddy 1.2 -- A Counter-Strike server file log file monitor and administration tool

4. Java Plugin 1.2 (Java 1.2)

5. link ASM files (TASM) to Turbo Pascal (I know Pascal sux)

6. ANN: CSBuddy 1.2 -- Counter-Strike server log file monitor

7. Component Pascal for VS.NET and Windows Forms apps

8. Gardens-Point Component-Pascal, any experiences?

9. 100+ links about Oberon-2 / Component Pascal

10. How to store in Component Pascal?

11. Component Pascal, pointer to array element?

12. Component Pascal users' group in Ottawa, Ontario