Request: math libraries
Author Message
 Request: math libraries

Now Oberon is of course a relative young language, but not
so young that I am the first needing functions for complex
numbers, arrays and that sort. Before I am going off to
build my own library (I mean of course: Module), I would
appreciate any hints of already existing modules, preferably
publicly available ones.

In particular, I need to do math with complex numbers. The
capability to handle vectors and arrays would also be neat,
esp. if some smart OO design for those objects exist.

In ftp://hades.ethz.ch/pub/Oberon/incoming/Maths[l].Mod
(modules in Dos format), Alan Freed published already nice
functions for REAL and LONGREAL. Just need to find something
for complex numbers too.

Mon, 02 Jun 1997 16:48:06 GMT
 Request: math libraries
: Now Oberon is of course a relative young language, but not
: so young that I am the first needing functions for complex
: numbers, arrays and that sort. Before I am going off to
: build my own library (I mean of course: Module), I would
: appreciate any hints of already existing modules, preferably
: publicly available ones.

My hint is to use records for complex numbers instead of pointers, and
forget about any nice function returns.  I implemented them both ways, and
the difference in speed was about 5 times (on WinOberon).  I've only got
simple operations myself so far, so would also be interested in the
availability of complex math functions (or should they be called operators
since there is no point in returning a function result)

Just my $.0199929583 worth (no that's not true, I'm using the 486)

-William Thorpe

Tue, 03 Jun 1997 05:22:03 GMT

1. standard library and 3D math library?

2. REQUEST: 64-bit integer math on 32-bit processor

3. Math library

4. DET Templates and Business Math Library

5. Math library?

6. Math class libraries?

7. Bug Report: math library link order.

8. math Library

9. integer math-based FP library?

10. ANN: advanced math library ported from Turbo Pascal

11. Math libraries: here !!!

12. Math libraries online