Do you have Standards Committee in your language?
Author Message
 Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

Quote:

> All,

> Thinking about role of Standards Committee in my favorite
> language (fortran) I decided to hear advice from folks in other
> languages first.

> What is the role of Your Language committee?

> Does Your Committees expand horizons and enlightens compiler
> developers with their recommendations? Or opposite,
> not being creative, they are working like brake for language
> development and experimenting and eventually are bad for
> users?

> Do you think that compiler vendors and users themselves are not
> able to maintain backward compatibility without such committees?

> And in general, do you see some analogies between Language Committees
> and other regulations in other areas of real life, on the net etc ?

> I think these questions are of common interest.
> This is post in several language compiler newsgroups,
> hence please mention your language unless you specially
> don't want this. You may find responds on other languages
> searching Deja with subject as above.

> cheers

Thank universe we don't have one!!!

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 04:38:08 GMT
 Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

Quote:

> All,

> Thinking about role of Standards Committee in my favorite
> language (Fortran) I decided to hear advice from folks in other
> languages first.

> What is the role of Your Language committee?

There is no language standards committee.  This is in principle
not so bad, but there is also no standard library committee.
So there are no standards.

This is why Oberon does not get used very much except for
research projects.

                                        JT

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 04:18:32 GMT

1. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

2. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

3. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

4. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

5. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

6. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

7. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

8. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

9. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

10. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

11. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?

12. Do you have Standards Committee in your language?