New WinOb-Release Problem
Author Message
 New WinOb-Release Problem

I've installed the new Release of Oberon for Windows on my Computer, using
WfW 3.11 and the Win32s.
The programm starts well but the menu-items on top of each window are
completely black. So I have no longer any possibility to easily let the
window grow, close, edit.store, etc.

Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

--
Robert Lichtenberger

Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:16:44 GMT
 New WinOb-Release Problem

Quote:

>I've installed the new Release of Oberon for Windows on my Computer, using
>WfW 3.11 and the Win32s.
>The programm starts well but the menu-items on top of each window are
>completely black. So I have no longer any possibility to easily let the
>window grow, close, edit.store, etc.

        I've run into a similar problem with the new release.
The menu bars start out fine, but sometimes a menu bar will
turn black.  Editing in the menu frame apparently works but is
completely invisible to me.

Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:59:14 GMT
 New WinOb-Release Problem

Quote:

>>I've installed the new Release of Oberon for Windows on my Computer, using
>>WfW 3.11 and the Win32s.
>>The programm starts well but the menu-items on top of each window are
>>completely black. So I have no longer any possibility to easily let the
>>window grow, close, edit.store, etc.

>         I've run into a similar problem with the new release.
> The menu bars start out fine, but sometimes a menu bar will
> turn black.  Editing in the menu frame apparently works but is
> completely invisible to me.

I did not experience any of these problems with a new WinOberon 1.4,
running under NT 3.5. However, I had a problem with colors
in WinOberon 1.31 on at least one occasion. Namely, popup elements
were completely black for certain combination of colors/resolution
on one particular computer running WfW 1.31. The problem was not there
on other machines, nor on the same machine with different display settings.
I suggest experimenting with Windows display driver modes. Maybe the problem
will go away.

Wojtek

Fri, 18 Jul 1997 07:03:10 GMT
 New WinOb-Release Problem
Quote:

> I've installed the new Release of Oberon for Windows on my Computer, using
> WfW 3.11 and the Win32s.
> The programm starts well but the menu-items on top of each window are
> completely black. So I have no longer any possibility to easily let the
> window grow, close, edit.store, etc.

> Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

What other programs are you running simultaneously?
I had the same problem when I was running Netscape in the background.
Does anyone know whether an application under Windows can claim a part
of the colour palette for its own use? I was able to run WinOb with
no difficulties after quitting Netscape.

Francis Bogsanyi

Wed, 23 Jul 1997 15:29:28 GMT
 New WinOb-Release Problem
I suggest that people should give the entire machine to Oberon while they
are running it. The only time I have experienced problems with the new
release is when I attemted to run other large resource hungry applications
[i.e MathCad or Netscape] at the same time. If you must run them, then try
reducing the Oberon heap allocation to 3 or even 2 meg. This seems to help
both Oberon and your other applications though I can't figure out why.
                                                      Gary

Sat, 26 Jul 1997 16:09:33 GMT

1. WinOb - True Colour?

2. ****** NEW RELEASE SOLVES OLD PROBLEMS! ******

3. Problems with New Release of TixXf

4. New XF release problem...

5. Frequency of new releases, a problem?

6. New release of Linz Oberon V4 Release 2.2

7. NEW RELEASE: Linz Oberon V4, Release 2.1

8. NEW RELEASE: Oberon System 3, Release 2.2

9. NEW RELEASE: Oberon System 3, Release 2.2

10. GReg-Plus new release and new competitive upgrade pricing

11. New release of the ASL components (new license!)

12. New release of `jstools' (new tool)