Using Linz V4 - how to change TextFrames.Mod?
Author Message
 Using Linz V4 - how to change TextFrames.Mod?

Hi, Oberon fans,

I've been slowly learning about Oberon.  You could say that every
application has the same structure, as _The Oberon System User's Guide and
Programmer's manual_ by Reiser does:

        Edit            Paint           Draw
        TextFrames      PictureFrames   GraphicFrames
        Texts           Pictures        Graphics

Unfortunately, TextFrames and Texts have "privileged" status -- other
modules depend heavily on them, including the System and Oberon modules.

I want to change TextFrames by adding some procedures.  Unfortunately, it's
always loaded (I assume) and so my efforts to compile the source have all
met with disaster -- either the symbol file doesn't reflect the new object,
or the system crashes when I restart it.  This applies to the Macintosh and
Windows versions.

I've also tried copying the TextFrames code into a TextFramesNew module (and
changing the module name as well as the filename) but when I try to create a
new viewer for a TextFrameNew, a system trap occurs somewhere in the
MeasureLines procedure.

Is there a better method that will give me reliable results?  It's always
possible that my code has a bug, but I also think the entrenched role of
TextFrames is a genuine problem.

-- Derek

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Linz V4 is the official Oberon V4

2. NT Service using Linz V4

3. Using PSPrinter.Install and Edit.Print $out.ps in Linz V4

4. Using Mail on Linz V4 for Windows 3.1

5. Error in Linz V4 Strings module

6. Problem with Linz V4 for windows

7. Update to the new Oberon V4 release from the Linz group

8. Linz V4 CD-ROM

9. Mailer for Linz V4?

10. Linz V4 on 68K Macs?

11. New release of Linz Oberon V4 Release 2.2

12. NEW RELEASE: Linz Oberon V4, Release 2.1