Oberon V4 Source
Author Message
 Oberon V4 Source

Hello.

I've been dabling in Oberon for a while, and now I'm dabbling with the BeBox.

I was under the impression that the source for V4 was available.  I'm
sort of interested in porting it over.

Can anyone give me a pointer to code or documentation.  I have all the
oberon books (including Project Oberon) and I'm not really interested in
re-engineering the environment from the ground up. I'd just like to see
if a pretty quick (a few weeks) port was possible.

Thanks,
nathan

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon V4 Source

Quote:
> Hello.

> I've been dabling in Oberon for a while, and now I'm dabbling with the BeBox.

> I was under the impression that the source for V4 was available.  I'm
> sort of interested in porting it over.

> Can anyone give me a pointer to code or documentation.  I have all the
> oberon books (including Project Oberon) and I'm not really interested in
> re-engineering the environment from the ground up. I'd just like to see
> if a pretty quick (a few weeks) port was possible.

Off hand I doubt a few weeks is very reasonable.  AFAIK there has been no
source released for an ETH compiler which generated PPC code.  If anyone
knows of such a compiler, I would appreciate getting this information as
well since I am working on just such a back-end for the OOC optimizing
compiler project.

The Oberon source (for a 68K compiler and system) is available from
ftp.inf.ethz.ch/pub/Oberon.

Regards,
        Michael

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Oberon System V4 Sources Have Been Made Available

2. Oberon System V4 Sources Have Been Made Available

3. Linz V4 is the official Oberon V4

4. oberon kernel sources (Article 4814 in comp.lang.oberon)

5. Oberon V4 under Windows XP

6. Oberon V4 2.3 (XYPlane Animation)

7. Enumeration in Oberon V4 Texts like in HTML

8. Oberon V4 for Linux Release 1.5

9. Oberon V4

10. Native Oberon V4

11. Oberon V4 Games??