Driver? 3-Buttons Genius Mouse
Author Message
 Driver? 3-Buttons Genius Mouse

Hallo Oberon-user,

im an Oberon-beginner and one of the first things I learned is to use a 3-button-
mouse. And I have a 3-button-mouse but I can't use the middle button, because I
haven't a driver who support them all. I have a GM 6000 Genius Mouse and I'm
running Oberon under windows for Workgroup 3.11. On the disks of the mouse-bundle
is no driver for windows. And the Genius-driver which Windows is offering are
creating error messages while loading windows. until now I used the mouse as a
MS-Mouse by selecting the 2-button-version by an hardware-switch.

QUESTION:
Is there a driver supporting all three buttons of my GM 6000, perhaps of an other company than the Genius Mouse producer. I can use the right buton with an driver from Logitech. Or is there an other way to use all buttons for Oberon. I can't
ask the mouse-producer because there is no address of the company on the mouse.

Thank you in advance,
                       Andreas.

Tue, 27 May 1997 00:47:51 GMT
 Driver? 3-Buttons Genius Mouse

: Hallo Oberon-user,

: im an Oberon-beginner and one of the first things I learned is to use a
: 3-button-mouse. And I have a 3-button-mouse but I can't use the middle
: button, because I haven't a driver who support them all. I have a GM
: 6000 Genius Mouse and I'm running Oberon under windows for Workgroup
: 3.11. On the disks of the mouse-bundle is no driver for windows. And
: the Genius-driver which Windows is offering are creating error messages
: while loading windows. until now I used the mouse as a MS-Mouse by
: selecting the 2-button-version by an hardware-switch.

: QUESTION:
: Is there a driver supporting all three buttons of my GM 6000, perhaps of
: an other company than the Genius Mouse producer. I can use the right
: button with a driver from Logitech. Or is there an other way to use all
: buttons for Oberon. I can't ask the mouse-producer because there is no
: address of the company on the mouse.

Try the drivers for the Mouse Systems mouse. They should work with the
Genius mouse when it is in the three button mode. Only Logitech makes
Logitech compatible mice (they make Dexxa too). You might also consider
buying a mouse with more reliable drivers (no offense intended; that's
what I finally did).
Perhap you could also set your news editor to word-wrap at 78 columns too.

: Thank you in advance,
:                        Andreas.

You're welcome!
Brian Hawley

Thu, 29 May 1997 13:42:57 GMT

1. Mouse advice (was Re: Driver? 3-Buttons Genius Mouse)

2. Mouse advice (was Re: Driver? 3-Buttons Genius Mouse)

3. left mouse button = right mouse button

4. 3 button mouse driver?

5. new 3-button Logitech mouse driver, error tkPriv{x} undefined

6. Mouse driver for serial mouse !?!

7. MOUSE WITHOUT MOUSE DRIVER

8. Programming the mouse without the mouse-driver

9. detecting mouse motion at mouse button release

10. leftmouse button is right mouse button ???

11. Mice, mice, mice, mice ...

12. Mice, mice, mice, mice ...