The .tgz files on hades
Author Message
 The .tgz files on hades

Hello all!

  I've been looking at the source directories on hades and
I do not know what the format is of the .tgz files in
/OberonV4/Sources. What do I use? AsciiCoder, Compress???

  Thanks.

Signature? ... I'm not putting my signature on ANYTHING
until I've read it!

Alex M. Waller             |  Internet address:

M.S. 360                   |
P.O. Box 500               |
Batavia, Il 60510          |  Let's do the Oberon oberek!

Mon, 05 May 1997 04:04:29 GMT
 The .tgz files on hades

Quote:
>   I've been looking at the source directories on hades and
> I do not know what the format is of the .tgz files in
> /OberonV4/Sources. What do I use? AsciiCoder, Compress???

I believe you use the UNIX version of `gunzip' and then untar the result.

Michael Griebling
Computer Inspirations

Tue, 06 May 1997 00:02:29 GMT
 The .tgz files on hades

Quote:

>Hello all!

>  I've been looking at the source directories on hades and
>I do not know what the format is of the .tgz files in
>/OberonV4/Sources. What do I use? AsciiCoder, Compress???

Gnu Zip.

Taylor Hutt, Mr. Safety
Safety Tip: Avoid prolonged skin contact with acid.

Tue, 06 May 1997 10:47:25 GMT
 The .tgz files on hades
There is a README on hades, which gives you some
hints about extensions used in this archive. It describes also
features of this ftp-server (un-/compress files on the fly, ...)

Hope this will help
  Pat

PS: .tgz is a shortcut for .tar.gz (Linux/DOS)
    .gz is added for compressed files (use gunzip to uncompress)

--

Tue, 06 May 1997 17:58:30 GMT
 The .tgz files on hades

Quote:

> There is a README on hades, which gives you some
> hints about extensions used in this archive. It describes also
> features of this ftp-server (un-/compress files on the fly, ...)

> Hope this will help
>   Pat

 Thanks much, Pat! I'll check out that README file. I'll
need to uncompress on the fly since I'd like to compile and
run some source on a PowerMac!

      -Alex-

Signature? ... I'm not putting my signature on ANYTHING
until I've read it!

Alex M. Waller             |  Internet address:

M.S. 360                   |
P.O. Box 500               |
Batavia, Il 60510          |  Let's do the Oberon oberek!

Wed, 07 May 1997 00:54:36 GMT
 The .tgz files on hades

Quote:

>Hello all!

>  I've been looking at the source directories on hades and
>I do not know what the format is of the .tgz files in
>/OberonV4/Sources. What do I use? AsciiCoder, Compress???

*.tgz is standard UNIX stuff.  It's tarred and gnuzipped.  You'll need
to decompress it with gnuzip first, then untar it.

Fri, 09 May 1997 13:49:09 GMT

1. Using URLLIB.PY to download a filename.tgz type file

2. Installing .TGZ File I Got From Python.org....

3. Creating tgz file

4. New sources on hades.ethz.ch

5. What's wrong with hades again?

6. HADES IS UP AGAIN!!!

7. Hades ftp server?

8. Hades and ftp.inf mirror

9. hades down ??

10. Regexp In Oberon are on hades.ethz.ch

11. new version of OS2oberon has been uploaded on hades@ethz.ch

12. VESA drivers for DOS-Oberon System 3 uploaded to Hades