nasty crashes
Author Message
 nasty crashes

May I assume, given the ongoing discussion on this group,
that you all got Oberon running?

After some disastrous crashes on both 386 DOS and Sparc 4
I finally gave up trying. If anyone has had the same experience,
could (s)he perhaps give me a hint how to get the Oberon system "up" ?

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Sun, 05 Nov 1995 22:46:28 GMT
 nasty crashes

Quote:

> May I assume, given the ongoing discussion on this group,
> that you all got Oberon running?

I have it running on a Mac Centris 650 (no FPU).
I needed to install a FPU emulation to get it to come up.

I also have it running on a sparc, SunOS 4.1.2, OpenWindows.
I even managed to get the fonts converted to X Windows fonts.

I cannot get the sun4 pixrect version working, however.  Oberon
complains that it can't map libpixrect.so.2 although
/usr/lib/libpixrect.2.14.so and /usr/lib/libpixrect.2.14.sa
exist.

Jon Vander Hill

Mon, 06 Nov 1995 20:33:30 GMT

1. Ariane Crash (Was: Adriane crash)

2. Nasty bug, silly mistake, 2.110

3. Nasty virus out there!

4. Nasty mailing list echo

5. import problems : nasty trap - system~1.tra (0/1)

6. Nasty bug in MCP/Chinese Rexx

7. Very nasty piece of code

8. NASM 0.97: nasty memory bug with fix

9. nasty language rules for fixed_type'last

10. Nasty Expanded Names Semantics

11. C2F another nasty translation problem

12. Nasty Zope & Python Imaging Library name collision