new user questions
Author Message
 new user questions

Hi,
   I, like a lot of people it would seem, read the BYTE article and downloaded
SPARC-Oberon. I've got a few quick questions from my first hours messing
about.
   Firstly, have I got the newest version? I downloaded (with archie, so
I can't remember where from) Oberon.1.0, Oberon.Fonts, Oberon.Docu & the
Fixups.

   Second, there seems to be a major conflict with X-Windows, the cursor
doesn't seem to be mapped correctly after using X, rebooting the machine fixes
that but its a bit drastic. I'm using X11 R5 if thats any help.

   Third, is there a faq for questions like the above?

   Lastly, I read a few posts in this group about the lack of multitasking
in oberon. Is it not feasable (on a UNIX system anyway) to provide some
sort of virtual terminal? Or does this totally defeat the purpose of
oberon?

   I'm looking for an idea for my final year project so I'm just throwing
ideas around:-)

Cheers

Paul

Tue, 31 Oct 1995 04:44:33 GMT

1. New User Question

2. Q: new user questions

3. Screen load order? -- New user question

4. New User Question

5. New user questions

6. New User Question

7. New user question: py2exe with Pmw

8. New User Question: extension types and python 2.2/class/type

9. New user questions ... be gentle

10. New User Question

11. Basic new user questions

12. 2 Basic questions from a new user