Black Box - Write a data structure to file ??
Author Message
 Black Box - Write a data structure to file ??

Does anyone know how to write a strucure (RECORD) to a file??  The only
methods I am able to find are llike WriteString, WriteInt, etc...

Is there something to allow writing an entire RECORD to a file at once??

please send reply to :

Thank you!!

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Black Box - Write a data structure to file ??

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to write a strucure (RECORD) to a file??  The only
> methods I am able to find are llike WriteString, WriteInt, etc...

> Is there something to allow writing an entire RECORD to a file at once??

on Amiga Oberon 3.5 i'm using this function:

MODULE FileSystem;

IMPORT sys:= SYSTEM;

PROCEDURE WriteByteBlock *(f: File; block: ARRAY OF sys.BYTE);

--
Joel
signature.txt: no such file

Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Black Box - Write a data structure to file ??
Quote:

> Does anyone know how to write a strucure (RECORD) to a file??  The only
> methods I am able to find are llike WriteString, WriteInt, etc...

> Is there something to allow writing an entire RECORD to a file at once??

> please send reply to :

> Thank you!!

Hello;

I think that you can save the RECORD as a packet with WriteBytes
procedure, I use this procedure to read/write not BB data files.
But in my opinion the best solution is write an Externalice/Internalize
procedures pair to your RECORD estructure.

Walter.

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Event case loses connection to data structure when data structure is modified

2. GOBO data structure library vs other data structure libraries

3. Weird behaviour of file.write() (no data written)?

4. writing data structures to disk/solid storage

5. Writing upgradable data structures

6. C/C++ data-structure/Class parser written in python

7. Writing data structures in Fortran77

8. Screen data entry box that displays data from text file AND write back to file.

9. Changing an output box in a case structure to an input box

10. Reading a binary file / writing binary data to a file

11. purging file buffers - to make new data be written to file

12. Q:How to read/write a structured file