mail panel in system 3 for windows
Author Message
 mail panel in system 3 for windows

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to use the mail panel in system 3 for windows?
>According to the documentation, the set user button is supposed to
>allow you to set your user name and password, but I can only set
>user name, by clicking on the button, typing user name, and then
>return.  I'd like to use email and the news reader, so any help
>would be appreciated.
>Thanks in advance,
>-Greg Haynes

Try the following:

1) Open  "Mail.Panel"
2) Open the Inpector
3) Select the Mail.Panel by right clicking near its right vertical border.
It will
    show light grey. If it shows dark blue, just repeat until light gray.
4) Click "Inspect" in the Inspector
5) If "Locked" is activated, i.e. shows a hook, click on it to erase it.
6) Click "Apply"
7) Deselect Mail.Panel
8) Select the "Set User" button in the Mail.Panel
9) Click "Inspect"
10) Type
  NetSystem.SetUser yourusername/
in the field after the caption "Cmd"
11) Click "Apply"
12) Deselect the "Set User" button
13) Select the Mail.Panel
14) Click "Inspect" in the Inspector
15)  Click on the field right of "Locked" , to generate a check mark there.
16) Click "Apply"
17) Deselect Mail.Panel
18) Store your modified  Mail.Panel.

Click on "Set User" and type your password ending with return.
If this does not work, try to find your correct "yourusername".

Hope this helps.

Cheers,  Christian
Christian Hoffmann
Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research
CH-8903 Birmensdorf, Switzerland

Fri, 23 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. mail panel in system 3 for windows

2. e-mail on Oberon System 3 for Windows (4/28/96)

3. [Fwd: Mail System Error - Returned Mail]

4. a little mail panel help?

5. Creating Control Panels or System Extensions?

6. Can I use ActiveX to embed a front-panel inside another front-panel

7. MS-Mail / Internet Mail / CC-Mail

8. Change e-mail / Cambio de e-mail / Changement d'e-mail

9. Tab Panel bug with Drawer Window

10. Scroll Bars On Region or Panel Within a Window

11. Rezize panel window

12. diagram/front panel windows disappear