ANN: Gfx Graphics Library Release 1.11
Author Message
 ANN: Gfx Graphics Library Release 1.11

The new Gfx release 1.11 is available at

  ftp://ftp.inf.ethz.ch/pub/software/Oberon/System3/Contrib/Gfx/

Documentation about Gfx is included in the release but can also be found at

  " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~oswald/GfxOverview.html"
  " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~oswald/GfxHowto.html"

Gfx is a powerful 2D graphics library for Oberon System 3 supporting
the following features:
  * stroked and filled shapes bounded by arbitrary paths built from
    lines, elliptic arcs, and cubic Bezier curves
  * a variety of graphical attributes including dashed curves, stroke
    and fill patterns, line cap styles and line join styles for thick
    curves
  * fully integrated text rendering
  * device independent user coordinate system and support for
    affine transformations
  * bitmap support for up to 24 bits per pixel
  * arbitrarily shaped clipping areas
  * output to display, printer, bitmaps, and PS/EPS files

Gfx has originally been developed as a part of the Leonardo graphics editor.
It is now released as a stand-alone package in the hope that it may be useful
for other applications that make heavy use of high-level graphics. Most
interfaces are now considered to be in near-final shape. Future releases
will most likely be restricted to minor improvements and bug fixes.

Thank you for your attention.

Erich Oswald
Oberon System 3 Gfx Master
Institut fuer Computersysteme, ETH Zuerich

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANN: Gfx Graphics Library Release 1.11

Quote:

> The new Gfx release 1.11 is available at

>   ftp://ftp.inf.ethz.ch/pub/software/Oberon/System3/Contrib/Gfx/

> Documentation about Gfx is included in the release but can also be found at

>   "http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/~oswald/GfxOverview.html"
>   "http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/~oswald/GfxHowto.html"

> Gfx is a powerful 2D graphics library for Oberon System 3 supporting
> the following features:
>   * stroked and filled shapes bounded by arbitrary paths built from
>     lines, elliptic arcs, and cubic Bezier curves
>   * a variety of graphical attributes including dashed curves, stroke
>     and fill patterns, line cap styles and line join styles for thick
>     curves
>   * fully integrated text rendering
>   * device independent user coordinate system and support for
>     affine transformations
>   * bitmap support for up to 24 bits per pixel
>   * arbitrarily shaped clipping areas
>   * output to display, printer, bitmaps, and PS/EPS files

> Gfx has originally been developed as a part of the Leonardo graphics editor.
> It is now released as a stand-alone package in the hope that it may be useful
> for other applications that make heavy use of high-level graphics. Most
> interfaces are now considered to be in near-final shape. Future releases
> will most likely be restricted to minor improvements and bug fixes.

> Thank you for your attention.

> Erich Oswald
> Oberon System 3 Gfx Master
> Institut fuer Computersysteme, ETH Zuerich

Well I've looked at it now.  It's still to early for me to say much about it.  I
did
have a little trouble getting the GfxTest program to run correctly, but then I
realized that the old version of Leonardo had installed some Gfx modules and
these were conflicting with the new ones.  So I killed all of the old Gfx files,
re-installed the new ones and ALMOST everything is working.
GfxTest.Patterns displays 11 patterns but traps on the 12th.  (Integer division
by zeron in GfxDisplay.Tile.)  GfxTest.Bart also traps.  (Looks like the same
trap.  Integer division by zero in GfxDisplay.Tile.)

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ANN: Gfx Graphics Library Release 1.11

Quote:

> Well I've looked at it now.  It's still to early for me to say much about it.  I
> did
> have a little trouble getting the GfxTest program to run correctly, but then I
> realized that the old version of Leonardo had installed some Gfx modules and
> these were conflicting with the new ones.  So I killed all of the old Gfx files,
> re-installed the new ones and ALMOST everything is working.
> GfxTest.Patterns displays 11 patterns but traps on the 12th.  (Integer division
> by zeron in GfxDisplay.Tile.)  GfxTest.Bart also traps.  (Looks like the same
> trap.  Integer division by zero in GfxDisplay.Tile.)

These two commands load a picture via GfxMaps.Load(). I'm pretty certain
that the problem is caused by the "Pict" extension not being registered yet
with GfxMaps. IIRC you're using Windows Oberon so try this:

  System.Set ImageFormats Pict := GfxPictures.Install

This notifies GfxMaps that loading ".Pict" should be done by module
GfxPictures. There is a section in Gfx.Tool (part of Gfx111.Arc) on
installation where this command is also listed.

Note that if you use Leonardo you'll have to download and compile
Leonardo111.Arc, too.

Hope this helps
--
Erich

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANN: iForth 1.11 for Linux

2. ANN: PmwContribD 1.11

3. ReportLab 1.11 released

4. Need help with gfx (graphics)

5. Searching for clipper libraries: communications and gfx viewers

6. Gfx 1.70 released

7. New Releases for Images, Gfx, OType

8. ANN: Time period library period-0.5 released

9. ANN: Time period library period-0.5 released

10. ANN: XFT (Lite) Library Release (GUIs for CVF/Win32)

11. tcl/tk as gfx library

12. IAPL v. 1.11 QuadMC {machine code}