Display.TransferBlock not supported by display
Author Message
 Display.TransferBlock not supported by display

This is in Linux Native. If I get the real Native running, will I get
Display.TransferBlock?

sr

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 11 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Display.TransferBlock not supported by display

Quote:

> This is in Linux Native. If I get the real Native running, will I get
> Display.TransferBlock?

Evidently, yes.  The Native Oberon browser gives the following for
Display.TransferBlock:

(* Transfer a block of pixels in display format to (mode = set) or from (mode = get)  the display.
Pixels in the rectangular area are transferred from bottom to top and left to right.  The pixels
are transferred to or from buf, starting at ofs, and with line increment stride, which may be < 0. *)
        PROCEDURE TransferBlock (VAR buf: ARRAY OF CHAR; ofs, stride, x, y, w, h, mode: LONGINT);
        (* portable, release >= 2.4 *)

-- Hal

Sun, 12 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Display.TransferBlock not supported by display
Display.TransferBlock has been added in release 2.3.4 of Oberon System 3,
so current releases of both Native and Windows Oberon have it. However,
display drivers are not required to implement it. If they return
Display.unknown in Display.TransferFormat, TransferBlock cannot be
used and you'll have to use a backup strategy. Writing to the display
memory is of course still possible using other Display procedures.
Reading is impossible without TransferBlock. In Images and Gfx I
use a static background color as a replacement for the real display
contents in that case. I'm not saying it looks very nice :-(
--
Erich
Quote:

> This is in Linux Native. If I get the real Native running, will I get
> Display.TransferBlock?

> sr

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 12 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Display.TransferBlock not supported by display

Quote:

> This is in Linux Native. If I get the real Native running, will I get
> Display.TransferBlock?

Currently the Permedia 2 (e.g. Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro) driver and the
S3 Trio64 driver supports TransferBlock.  Support in more drivers are
in the works (e.g. the generic VESA 2.0 driver).

If you want, you could also try implement TransferBlock yourself in
your display driver.  What driver do you use?

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Institute for Computer Systems, ETH Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/

Sun, 12 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Display.TransferBlock not supported by display

Quote:

>> This is in Linux Native. If I get the real Native running, will I get
>> Display.TransferBlock?

>Currently the Permedia 2 (e.g. Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro) driver and the
>S3 Trio64 driver supports TransferBlock.  Support in more drivers are
>in the works (e.g. the generic VESA 2.0 driver).

Display.Transferblock is currently not implemented in Linux Native Oberon. I'm
waiting for the VESA driver.

-- Peter

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. icons displayed in browses not displaying

2. Display RGB pixel data in a display window

3. DISPLAY statement and screen displays

4. changes fixed the Histogram display but spoilt the Geometry display

5. no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

6. can't read env(DISPLAY) from regexp with $env(DISPLAY)

7. no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable -- ????

8. The Display Machine now supports MDI and TAB's

9. VRML support for VFX1 Head Mounted Display

10. How to display all the methods supported by an instance using dir( )..please hel

11. Support for Tk to display Kanji ?

12. VisualAge will not display Double Byte characters