Cross-compilers
Author Message
 Cross-compilers

Oberon seems to be very portable. I wonder if the
RS6000, Sparc, SiliconGraphics, etc, compilers can
be run on each others platforms. This would be handy
for generating and then sharing binaries across platforms.

Whitney

Fri, 01 Mar 1996 07:36:35 GMT
 Cross-compilers

Quote:

>Oberon seems to be very portable. I wonder if the
>RS6000, Sparc, SiliconGraphics, etc, compilers can
>be run on each others platforms. This would be handy
>for generating and then sharing binaries across platforms.

>Whitney

For the most part, yes.  But, there may be things in the OPL, or OPC
modules that take advantages of specific features of the target
architecutre.  These modules are not 'strictly' portable.

Taylor "Bon Ami" Hutt
Wasps do not make good pets.

Fri, 01 Mar 1996 08:38:52 GMT

1. Ada compilers and cross-compilers

2. Compilers Windows NT or Cross Compiler SunSolaris2.5/Windows NT Fortran77

3. Smalltalk cross-compiler for Xbox?

4. Smalltalk -> C cross compiler

5. Cross-Compiler word set question

6. cross-compiler word set questions

7. Standard for Cross-Compilers?

8. Cross-compiler for MOPS

9. Forth Cross-Compiler for the TMS320

10. CPM Forth Cross Compiler Help

11. Cross compiler wanted

12. Commercial 68HC16 FORTH cross compilers?