question regarding native oberon in the coming era of legacy free computers
Author Message
 question regarding native oberon in the coming era of legacy free computers

Has anyone else given any thought to this? Legacy free as I have been
exposed to the term essentially means no floppy drive, like an imac or
the like. I know compaq was talking last week on zdnet about doing this
also.

As far as I'm aware PC native oberon requires a boot disk in order to be
installed unless the cdrom version is bootable.  The point I drive at is
that if this is to be a growing trend in computing, it places increased
pressure on the Oberon community to at the least get a working cdrom
driver finally among other challenges. Has Mr. Muller and others
consider what challenges these developments may bring for the oberon
world?
Just curious.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 06 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. pc native system3 question regarding telenews

2. Questions about Gadgets programming in Linux Native Oberon 2.3.7

3. Oberon System 3 / Native Oberon projects

4. inquiry about Visual Oberon/PC Native Oberon System 3

5. Native Oberon: Getting DOS based installation out of Oberon-0

6. Oberon-2 in Native Oberon System 3

7. Questions regarding Oberon/system 3

8. POLL: Interest in PC Oberon (Native Oberon)

9. Coming to Oberon From Python

10. Oberon Newsletter Deadline Coming Up !

11. SOFTWARE: Native XDS-x86 v2.20 (Modula-2/Oberon-2 compiler)

12. USB Zip drive under BlueBottle or Native Oberon?