Installing Stand Alone Oberon from second floppy
Author Message
 Installing Stand Alone Oberon from second floppy

I am trying to install the stand-alone version of Native Oberon with a two
floppy Intel system.  I have a second partition setup aside from my Win 98
partition for Oberon (I used partition magic).  When I boot from the oberon0
floppy, I get the incessant beeps after choosing the mouse and typing "c".
I noticed that it is searching in the wrong floppy drive (my b:\ drive in
Windows, which is an old  5&1/4" size).  Why is it looking in that drive
when I have booted from the a:\ (1.44mb - 3 & 1/2")?  Is there a way around
this.

Thanks,
Garcia (a Native Oberon newbie)

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing Stand Alone Oberon from second floppy

Quote:

> I noticed that it is searching in the wrong floppy drive (my b:\ drive in
> Windows, which is an old  5&1/4" size).  Why is it looking in that drive
> when I have booted from the a:\ (1.44mb - 3 & 1/2")?  Is there a way around
> this.

The installation program can only boot from BIOS drive 0.  This is
normally drive A: in DOS and Windows, but your BIOS might have a setting
to "swap" the drives.  Check for such a setting and try to change it.
Read your machine's motherboard manual to find out how to enter the BIOS
setup.  This is normally done by pressing some key combination during
booting, e.g. Del, Esc or Ctrl-Alt-Enter.

If this does not work, email me.

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Institute for Computer Systems, ETH Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. To stand-alone or not to stand-alone

2. Creating Stand Alone Applications With Oberon-2

3. Stand-alone Oberon for Intel

4. stand alone oberon application

5. libs for stand alone programs

6. Can any Smalltalk dialects produce stand-alone DLLs?

7. Newbie: Producing small stand-alone exes for Windows

8. ENVY in stand-alone mode

9. Stand-alone database available?

10. vw ImageMaker stand alone

11. How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?

12. Select directory stand alone ABC template