 Gadgets - Link Storage

Hi there,

I programmed a new model

MODULE Arrays;
TYPE
        Array* = POINTER TO ArrayDesc;
        ArrayDesc* = RECORD (Gadgets.ObjDesc)
                        END;

and it seems to work. As viewer I extended a text gadget which displays
the numbers of the array in rows and columns:

TYPE
        Text* = POINTER TO TextDesc;
        TextDesc* = RECORD (Texts.FrameDesc)
                        array*: Array;
                        END;

The handler defines a new link "Array" and I can view/display the model by
editing the text gadget and with Columbus through the "Array" link. What
does NOT work is storage within a panel: When the panel is opened again,
the link to my model is missing.

So what do I have to do? Can I somehow declare TextDesc.array as
"official" link and Gadgets does the rest automatically? Or do I have to
extend my write procedure for the viewer with Gadgets.WriteRef, check
whether the array has been stored already by another viewer and store it
otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. working-storage vs. local-storage

2. Promixity Sensor link to Viewpoint link to Anchor link to another vrml

3. Compile, NCAL Link and Full Link v Compile and Full Link

4. come changes to the deuce editor gadget

5. Deuce gadgets and streams

6. adobe-svg-gadget available

7. Custom gadgets in a frame

8. Browser gadget sugguestions for a DUIM app

9. DUIM date gadgets for Harlequin Dylan

10. Stuck with displaying a gadget

11. Gadget images & tutorials