Oberon System 3 v2.3 for Windows screen won't maximize
Author Message
 Oberon System 3 v2.3 for Windows screen won't maximize

I am running Oberon System 3 version 2.3 for Win32 on Windows 2000. My
resolution is 1024*768. If I startup "Oberon System 3", I get a screen that
is rediculously small compared to my resolution and System.log says "Higher
resolution recommended for Gadgets". If I click the "maximize" button, the
System 3 window just centers itself on my screen, but it does not
stretch!!!! Any suggestions on how to solve this? It is impossible to work
in such a small window!

(A friend of mine, also runs Windows 2000 and has the same version of Oberon
System 3. He has exactly the same problem)

chilli

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon System 3 v2.3 for Windows screen won't maximize

Quote:
> I am running Oberon System 3 version 2.3 for Win32 on Windows 2000. My
> resolution is 1024*768. If I startup "Oberon System 3", I get a screen that
> is rediculously small compared to my resolution and System.log says "Higher
> resolution recommended for Gadgets". If I click the "maximize" button, the
> System 3 window just centers itself on my screen, but it does not
> stretch!!!! Any suggestions on how to solve this? It is impossible to work
> in such a small window!

> (A friend of mine, also runs Windows 2000 and has the same version of Oberon
> System 3. He has exactly the same problem)

> chilli

This is a quote from ETH FAQ:

"Q:I have installed the ETH Oberon System for Windows NT. When starting
Oberon, it appears in a normal window, approximately 760 x 550 pixels, which
cannot be maximized. What is wrong? A: Locate the Oberon shortcut on the
desktop. Position the mouse focus on it and click the right mouse key. Select
Properties in the menu. Now select the Shortcut tab. Finally, select
Maximized for the Run text field and finalize the new setting."

This is the most frequentily asked question on this newsgroup. When I first
installed System 3, I encountered the same problem. It just is not enough to
put it in FAQ list. Please, ETH, put it in the first line of the System 3
readme.txt file.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon System 3 v2.3 for Windows screen won't maximize
sorry and thanks for telling me where to look!

Quote:

> > I am running Oberon System 3 version 2.3 for Win32 on Windows 2000. My
> > resolution is 1024*768. If I startup "Oberon System 3", I get a screen
that
> > is rediculously small compared to my resolution and System.log says
"Higher
> > resolution recommended for Gadgets". If I click the "maximize" button,
the
> > System 3 window just centers itself on my screen, but it does not
> > stretch!!!! Any suggestions on how to solve this? It is impossible to
work
> > in such a small window!

> > (A friend of mine, also runs Windows 2000 and has the same version of
Oberon
> > System 3. He has exactly the same problem)

> > chilli

> This is a quote from ETH FAQ:

> "Q:I have installed the ETH Oberon System for Windows NT. When starting
> Oberon, it appears in a normal window, approximately 760 x 550 pixels,
which
> cannot be maximized. What is wrong? A: Locate the Oberon shortcut on the
> desktop. Position the mouse focus on it and click the right mouse key.
Select
> Properties in the menu. Now select the Shortcut tab. Finally, select
> Maximized for the Run text field and finalize the new setting."

> This is the most frequentily asked question on this newsgroup. When I
first
> installed System 3, I encountered the same problem. It just is not enough
> put it in FAQ list. Please, ETH, put it in the first line of the System 3
> readme.txt file.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon System 3 v2.3 for Windows screen won't maximize

Quote:
> sorry and thanks for telling me where to look!

do not be sorry for posting a question. i just thought it was such a frequent
question that it should have been explained in the installation instructions

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Oberon under Windows 3.1 or Win '95

2. windows won't hang off screen

3. On Windows, don't use a maximize box if the Windows is not resizable

4. My form won't show Maximize or Minimize

5. Exchange ST-80/Win v2.5 for ST-80/OS2 v2.5

6. Oberon.System3.DOS won't boot.

7. maximizing windows in motif and windows

8. Installation of Oberon System 3 for Windows 95/NT

9. Linux Oberon System 3 Release 2.2 for X Windows

10. e-mail on Oberon System 3 for Windows (4/28/96)

11. Bug in NetSystem [Oberon System 3 for Windows]

12. Oberon-System for INtel PC's