USB Zip drive under BlueBottle or Native Oberon?
Author Message
 USB Zip drive under BlueBottle or Native Oberon?

Quote:

> Hello all,

> I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get a Zip drive to
> work under BlueBottle or Native Oberon.  Here's the deal.  My
> Windows 98 machine died on me yet again.  However I noticed that
> I can still reach the FAT partiction if I boot BlueBottle from
> a CD.  I can download files to floppies but of course that's
> slow and painful.  So I'm hoping that I can connect via USB
> and copy to a Zip drive.  Has anyone else tried this?  Hey
> maybe there's a market for BlueBottle as a system recovery
> utility.  ;-)

I've mentioned before that native oberon (even just the 1M4
installer diskette) has massive debug/recovery facilities.
Even down to inspecting & manipulating on partitions, sectors
- as I remember.

Have you got a spare partition; or one which you can sacrifice ?
Apparently not.
Under n-o you could make it n-o type and copy the files across.
Apparently you don't have a minimal linux boot disk ?

Have you got a spare machine which can also run V24.Obj ?
Perhaps you can spend a few minutes to document how to
modify the existing V24.Panel functionality to :
   V24Gadgets.Send <file>  ?

Then perhaps you can make a Configuration.DoText script of:---
V24Gadgets.Send <file1>
V24Gadgets.Send <fileN>
-----end script

And go for coffee, it it's a bit slow.

We need a documented simple method the copy from notebook
to pc via n-o.  The nul modem wiring is available.
Remember V24 needs to find the port closed/free.

-- Chris Glur.

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:46:38 GMT

1. USB Zip drive under BlueBottle or Native Oberon?

2. Win 98 - USB Iomega 250 Zip Drive and Inback

3. Oberon System 3 / Native Oberon projects

4. inquiry about Visual Oberon/PC Native Oberon System 3

5. Native Oberon: Getting DOS based installation out of Oberon-0

6. Oberon-2 in Native Oberon System 3

7. POLL: Interest in PC Oberon (Native Oberon)

8. "BlueBottle" Oberon for Windows

9. Bluebottle ? Does OBERON 3 recognize COM3 or COM4

10. xx 2GB xx 1GB USB Flash Memory Drive

11. xx 2GB xx 1GB USB Flash Memory Drive

12. SELL FLASH MEMORY USB DRIVE