View
Author Message
 View

Hallo, Oberon-programmer,
can somebody help me:
Id like to connect a dialog box with a text view in such a way that a
picture will be inserted into a text view and at the same time a dialog
box will be active(not closed): Ive alredy tried such command
StdCmds.PasteView, bofore i call it, the dialog box should be closed.
Is it possible to set a permanent focus to the text box??????
Thanks for help.
Masha.

Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:47:32 GMT
 View

Quote:

> Hallo, Oberon-programmer,
> can somebody help me:
> Id like to connect a dialog box with a text view in such a way that a
> picture will be inserted into a text view and at the same time a dialog
> box will be active(not closed): Ive already tried such command
> StdCmds.PasteView, bofore I call it, the dialog box should be closed.
> Is it possible to set a permanent focus to the text box??????
> Thanks for help.
> Masha.

I normally helps if the environment is described sufficiently to
understand the problem.
From what is written it seems that you are using the BlackBox
Component Builder. If this is the case it might be better to use
the appropriate NG because in this NG only a few use BBCB.

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:12:06 GMT
 View

Quote:

>> Hallo, Oberon-programmer,
>> can somebody help me:
>> Id like to connect a dialog box with a text view in such a way that a
>> picture will be inserted into a text view and at the same time a dialog
>> box will be active(not closed): Ive already tried such command
>> StdCmds.PasteView, bofore I call it, the dialog box should be closed.
>> Is it possible to set a permanent focus to the text box??????
>> Thanks for help.
>> Masha.

>I normally helps if the environment is described sufficiently to
>understand the problem.
>From what is written it seems that you are using the BlackBox
>Component Builder. If this is the case it might be better to use
>the appropriate NG because in this NG only a few use BBCB.

There isn't another newsgroup for BBCP.  There is a mailing list.  Also
I don't know of any stats on how many people here use BBCP but I believe
its more than you might think.

Guns don't kill people...bullets do
(Pistol {*filter*} exception already noted)

"I suppose that human beings looking at it would say that arms are the most
dangerous things that a dictator, a tyrant needs to fear.  But in fact, no -
it is when people decide they want to be free. Once they have made up their
minds to that, there is nothing that will stop them." -- Desmond Tutu

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 22:41:30 GMT
 View

Quote:

> From what is written it seems that you are using the BlackBox
> Component Builder. If this is the case it might be better to use
> the appropriate NG because in this NG only a few use BBCB.

I guess this NG regards issues about ObLans and ObSys'es.

If Active Oberon is an ObLan, if Lightning Oberon is an ObLan, if AOS
is an ObSys, then definetly CP is an ObLan and BB is an ObSys.

Anes

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:08:06 GMT
 View

Quote:

> Hallo, Oberon-programmer,
> can somebody help me:
> Id like to connect a dialog box with a text view in such a way that a
> picture will be inserted into a text view and at the same time a dialog
> box will be active(not closed): Ive alredy tried such command
> StdCmds.PasteView, bofore i call it, the dialog box should be closed.
> Is it possible to set a permanent focus to the text box??????
> Thanks for help.
> Masha.

It might have been more helpful to answer the question or direct
the person to the appropriate NG or mailing list then starting
quarreling about what this NG is for and what not.
As BBCB questions rarely occur and more often aren't answered
helpfully we can conclude that most people reading this NG
aren't familiar enough to help in that specific tasks.

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 04:37:29 GMT
 View

Quote:

>> Hallo, Oberon-programmer,
>> can somebody help me:
>> Id like to connect a dialog box with a text view in such a way that a
>> picture will be inserted into a text view and at the same time a dialog
>> box will be active(not closed): Ive alredy tried such command
>> StdCmds.PasteView, bofore i call it, the dialog box should be closed.
>> Is it possible to set a permanent focus to the text box??????
>> Thanks for help.
>> Masha.

>It might have been more helpful to answer the question or direct
>the person to the appropriate NG or mailing list then starting
>quarreling about what this NG is for and what not.
>As BBCB questions rarely occur and more often aren't answered
>helpfully we can conclude that most people reading this NG
>aren't familiar enough to help in that specific tasks.

There are a lot of questions that don't get answered, V4, S3 or
otherwise.  I definitely answer the BBCP questions that I know.
And, as I pointed out, there ISN'T a seperate newsgroup for BBCP,
nor should there be.  Also I've at times received replies to questions
via email.  Anyway I didn't see you directing anyone anywhere.  Just
giving information that was incorrect by directing someone to a NG that
doesn't exist.

Guns don't kill people...bullets do
(Pistol {*filter*} exception already noted)

"I suppose that human beings looking at it would say that arms are the most
dangerous things that a dictator, a tyrant needs to fear.  But in fact, no -
it is when people decide they want to be free. Once they have made up their
minds to that, there is nothing that will stop them." -- Desmond Tutu

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 21:36:35 GMT
 View
Be sure to use "Open As Tool Dialog" to open your form.  I created the
following test module:

MODULE TestForm;
  IMPORT
    ObxPatterns, StdCmds;

  PROCEDURE Test*;
  BEGIN
    ObxPatterns.Deposit;
    StdCmds.PasteView;
  END Test;
END TestForm.

Then I created a new empty form and added a command button that had
TestForm.Test for the Link property.  I used "Dev->Open As Tool Dialog"
to open the form.  I could then set focus to a text window and paste
views to my hearts content.

Quote:

>Hallo, Oberon-programmer,
>can somebody help me:
>Id like to connect a dialog box with a text view in such a way that a
>picture will be inserted into a text view and at the same time a dialog
>box will be active(not closed): Ive alredy tried such command
>StdCmds.PasteView, bofore i call it, the dialog box should be closed.
>Is it possible to set a permanent focus to the text box??????
>Thanks for help.
>Masha.

Guns don't kill people...bullets do
(Pistol {*filter*} exception already noted)

"I suppose that human beings looking at it would say that arms are the most
dangerous things that a dictator, a tyrant needs to fear.  But in fact, no -
it is when people decide they want to be free. Once they have made up their
minds to that, there is nothing that will stop them." -- Desmond Tutu

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 22:32:56 GMT

1. No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

2. Controller/View question (dealing with view bounds)

3. Views, fields in views and run-time record declaration

4. View Position relative to Parent View

5. Viewing (or *not* viewing) .wrl files with NS3.0b5

6. Load .wrl Files, View it, centered in View

7. Orthogonal view / 2D view

8. C++/Views: A Model-View-Controller Library for C++

9. (Newbie) How to add a view to a class with a view composer??

10. RESET(view,position); NEXT(view) does not work on ODBC

11. Q: How to make a view the focus view (BlackBox) ?

12. zombie views