POW cursor resource help
Author Message
 POW cursor resource help

Hello all,

I am trying to implement a cursor DLL for 16-bit Windows with the POW 3.0
compiler. However, since it does not support such resources, I attempted to
use Microsoft's RC.EXE to create a .RES file which I linked with my .MOD.
The Windows.LoadCursor() function returns a null handle though. Is there a
way to fool POW into "seeing" these resources?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Brent Thorn

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 POW cursor resource help

Quote:

> Hello all,

> I am trying to implement a cursor DLL for 16-bit Windows with the POW 3.0
> compiler. However, since it does not support such resources, I attempted to
> use Microsoft's RC.EXE to create a .RES file which I linked with my .MOD.
> The Windows.LoadCursor() function returns a null handle though. Is there a
> way to fool POW into "seeing" these resources?

> Thanks for any help in advance.

> Brent Thorn

A common error when using resource identifiers is not to put them in all
UPPERCASE in the call to LoadResource(), LoadCursor(), or whatever.

HTH

Stephen Posey

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. pow resource compiler - help!

2. Blinking Cursor Resource

3. Resource for cursor color in entry widgets?

4. Cursor = Cursor:Wait

5. MainWindow{PROP:Cursor} = CURSOR:Wait has no effect

6. Using cursor list to create cursors on XY Graph

7. move the name of cursor (not the cursor itself) on the XY graph

8. Help! The Trouble with Cursors

9. Help with Global Cursor

10. Need Help for place the cursor in the region

11. VW2.5 Mouse cursor help