Standalone compiler?
Author Message
 Standalone compiler?

Does anyone have a standalone compiler/sources for a standalone compiler
of Oberon that I could port to 68020-based UNIX machines?

Thanks,

Martin

Tue, 12 Mar 1996 12:09:24 GMT
 Standalone compiler?
: Does anyone have a standalone compiler/sources for a standalone compiler
: of Oberon that I could port to 68020-based UNIX machines?

I doubt it. Real-Time Associates has Oberon to C compiler called XC
that will probably run your platform. It works very well and is a
good way to work with Oberon programming language in a unix or
unix like environment ( I use it with OS/2 ). It is very well
tuned to the C programming language and has numerous ways of
specify the interface from Oberon to C - you can even call
standard C functions and macros such as printf and getchar.
Conversely, as you might expect you only get what the C compiler
and unix give you - ie. no or a tedious way of working with
dynamically linked modules ( aka shared libraries on some unix ).
The current version of XC compiler doesn't have garbage collecting -
but they are working it.

See the Oberon FAX or the readme on neptune.inf.ethz.ch for
the RTA address.

Whitney

Tue, 12 Mar 1996 20:42:55 GMT
 Standalone compiler?

Quote:

>: Does anyone have a standalone compiler/sources for a standalone compiler
>: of Oberon that I could port to 68020-based UNIX machines?

>I doubt it. Real-Time Associates has Oberon to C compiler called XC
>that will probably run your platform. It works very well and is a
>good way to work with Oberon programming language in a unix or
>unix like environment ( I use it with OS/2 ).

..

Quote:
>See the Oberon FAX or the readme on neptune.inf.ethz.ch for
>the RTA address.
>Whitney

Our contact details are as below. Please get in touch.
Although we have no specific version for 68020 machines, we can certainly
get one together for you if you give us some more details.
We have certainly had Sun-3 (68030, BSD 4.3 (ish)) running since the first
releases.

Ian Marshall,
Real Time Associates Ltd,          Tel        : (+44)(0)81 656 7333/4/5
Canning House, 59 Canning Road,    Fax        : (+44)(0)81 655 0401

UK                                 Compuserve : 71333,2456

Fri, 15 Mar 1996 17:57:25 GMT

1. Newsgroup for standalone compilers?

2. Portable Free Oberon-2 standalone compilers?

3. Portable Free Oberon-2 standalone compilers?

4. To Standalone or not to standalone

5. Standalone IPL device dump

6. BottomFeeder is a good standalone app demo

7. Q: size of VW7 standalone apps?

8. vw standalone application

9. Smalltalk performance OK for building standalone package?

10. The Smallest Standalone Distributable Possible

11. Q: recommendations for inexpensive Smalltalk systems that can make standalone executables

12. newbie ? -standalone.exe