Oberons In and Out modules
Author Message
 Oberons In and Out modules

Can someone please tell what exported variables are in the modules
In and Out? I have Oberon 386 for the PC, but can't seem to get a list
of all the exported procedures, variables, and constants in these modules.
I am currently rewriting some bits of the language to suit my needs.
Basically, it would be a Concurrent Language that is totally compatible
with the existing language. Thanks for any info!!

(516) 586-4743 TurboPEP/V32bis, 667-6142 Hayes V.32bis, 595-2405 Boca V.32bis
Kilowatt Computers assumes no responsibility for the content of the foregoing
message - This is a FREE PUBLIC access UNIX bbs - FREE feeds available

Sat, 25 May 1996 21:53:27 GMT
 Oberons In and Out modules
: Can someone please tell what exported variables are in the modules
: In and Out? I have Oberon 386 for the PC, but can't seem to get a list
: of all the exported procedures, variables, and constants in these modules.
: I am currently rewriting some bits of the language to suit my needs.
: Basically, it would be a Concurrent Language that is totally compatible
: with the existing language. Thanks for any info!!

The browser tools lists the contents of *.Sym files in
the style of a definition module.

Browser.ShowDef TextFrames

or

Browser.ShowDef ^

Warning. In and Out are simple modules that may not suit
your needs. You may be better of using Texts directly
or writing your In/Out modules.

MODULE LogOut; (* writes to Log viewer *)
IMPORT Texts, Oberon;

VAR W : Texts.Writer;

PROCEDURE String*( s : ARRAY OF CHAR );
BEGIN
        Texts.WriteString(W,s);
        Texts.Append( Oberon.Log, W.buf );
END String;

BEGIN Texts.OpenWriter(W);
END LogOut.

Whitney

Sun, 26 May 1996 21:08:45 GMT
 Oberons In and Out modules

Quote:
> I am currently rewriting some bits of the language to suit my
> needs.  Basically, it would be a Concurrent Language that is
> totally  compatible with the existing language. Thanks for any
> info!!

something called Concurrent Oberon.  I believe that a report
on the project is in the works but has not been made available
yet.  Once it is, I'll get it into the FAQ list.

Quote:
> Can someone please tell what exported variables are in the modules
> In and Out? I have Oberon 386 for the PC, but can't seem to get a
> list  of all the exported procedures, variables, and constants in
> these modules.

        "Browser.ShowDef In" and "Browser.ShowDef Out" reveal
the following.

DEFINITION In;

        VAR
                Done: BOOLEAN;

        PROCEDURE Char (VAR ch: CHAR);
        PROCEDURE Int (VAR i: INTEGER);
        PROCEDURE LongInt (VAR i: LONGINT);
        PROCEDURE LongReal (VAR y: LONGREAL);
        PROCEDURE Name (VAR name: ARRAY OF CHAR);
        PROCEDURE Open;
        PROCEDURE Real (VAR x: REAL);
        PROCEDURE String (VAR str: ARRAY OF CHAR);

END In.

DEFINITION Out;

        PROCEDURE Char (ch: CHAR);
        PROCEDURE Int (i, n: LONGINT);
        PROCEDURE Ln;
        PROCEDURE LongReal (x: LONGREAL; n: INTEGER);
        PROCEDURE Open;
        PROCEDURE Real (x: REAL; n: INTEGER);
        PROCEDURE String (str: ARRAY OF CHAR);

END Out.

--
                              When heroes go down, they go down fast.
                     So don't expect any time to equivocate the past.

Tue, 28 May 1996 05:02:00 GMT
 Oberons In and Out modules

: something called Concurrent Oberon.  I believe that a report
: on the project is in the works but has not been made available
: yet.  Once it is, I'll get it into the FAQ list.

The report is now available by FTP as Docu/concurrentOberon.ps.

Johan
--

Thu, 30 May 1996 20:25:24 GMT

1. Oberon-2 modules for MAC Oberon 4.0.4

2. Print outs of Richtext Streams

3. Macro and struct call-outs from Eiffel

4. How to use INS OUTS in pentium CPU??

5. Q:OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

6. How to use INS OUTS (INSB INSW...)

7. Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

8. Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

9. Sockets and time-outs

10. Avoiding long time-outs when reusing sockets in SocketServer

11. Dynamic module loading in Oberon-2?

12. Dynamic module loading for Oberon-2