Dynamic loading of modules
Author Message
 Dynamic loading of modules

Does oo2c allow dynamic loading of modules into a running application?
I'm currently thinking about developing an editor similar to emacs in
Oberon. Extensions written in Oberon would not only be easy to develop but
fast in comparison to emacs-lisp, S-Lang and other obscurse scripting
languages.

Thanks in advance,
Norbert Oertel

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic loading of modules

Quote:

> Does oo2c allow dynamic loading of modules into a running application?
> I'm currently thinking about developing an editor similar to emacs in
> Oberon. Extensions written in Oberon would not only be easy to develop but
> fast in comparison to emacs-lisp, S-Lang and other obscurse scripting
> languages.

This is an often requested feature for oo2c.  With recent versions of
GNU libtool, dynamic loading of modules seems to be feasible to
implement in a portable way.  oo2c does not support it, though.

-- Michael van Acken

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic loading of modules

Quote:

> > Does oo2c allow dynamic loading of modules into a running application?
> > I'm currently thinking about developing an editor similar to emacs in
> > Oberon. Extensions written in Oberon would not only be easy to develop but
> > fast in comparison to emacs-lisp, S-Lang and other obscurse scripting
> > languages.

> This is an often requested feature for oo2c.  With recent versions of
> GNU libtool, dynamic loading of modules seems to be feasible to
> implement in a portable way.  oo2c does not support it, though.

Another possibility might be (at least for the win32 platform) the
object loader provided by lcc-win32. Lcc-win32 allows for dynamic
be a chance to adopt lcc-win32's source of the dynamic object loader
to get it running (beware lcc-win32 is not Open-Source).

regards

   Bernhard

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dynamic loading of modules

2. Dynamic Loading of modules on Solaris

3. Dynamic loading of modules in AIX

4. dynamic loading of modules

5. Dynamic module loading in Oberon-2?

6. Dynamic module loading for Oberon-2

7. dynamic module loading w/o Oberon System

8. Doc: Win vs. Unix linking dynamic load modules

9. Extension module / dynamic loading / Linux

10. Dynamic loading of many modules failed on HPUX 10.20

11. Trying to make a dynamic loading SWIG generated module in AIX

12. dynamic loading of c++ modules