Comm Terminal under V3
Author Message
 Comm Terminal under V3

I have loaded up V3 again, and am doing a
project in it.  (So now I am posting from Oberon)

A couple of questions come to mind.  I have found the
TerminalFrames, Terminals, and TerminalGadgets.Mod files.

I would like to open a viewer, and communicate by RS-232 to
a project board.  Since "Terminal.Tool" doesn't exist, I
wonder what I should look for.

----
Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.
1502 Devon Circle
Austin TX 78723-1814

ETH PlugIn Oberon for WindowsTM / Win32 2.4 (15.12.2000)

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:01:26 GMT
 Comm Terminal under V3

Quote:

> I would like to open a viewer, and communicate by RS-232 to
> a project board.  Since "Terminal.Tool" doesn't exist, I
> wonder what I should look for.

There is a Panel to do that.  See Applications.Tool / V24Terminal .
(I assume you are using Native).  If you decide to write a viewer
doing the same kind of thing, please contribute it.  Telnet.Mod
could be a model module.

There is also an undocumented little application that copies everything
arriving on the serial port to the System.Log.  It is called V24Log.Mod

usage:

V24Log.Start ~
V24Log.Start 1 19200 8 none 2 ~

V24Log.Stop

V24Log.Send ATZ
V24Log.SendLn

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Institute for Computer Systems, ETH Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:34:56 GMT

1. Comm Ports over comm 10

2. problem with using the [::comm::comm send] command

3. Controlling many terminals from one terminal

4. JPI TopSpeed V3.0 + Windows V3.0

5. Using Comm ports in APL

6. watching comm ports

7. COMM stuff