MacOberonLite problem
Author Message
 MacOberonLite problem

Hi folks,

I'm trying to learn Mac programming using MacOberonLite V 1.0, and have
run into a problem which I think *may* be the compiler.

Using the following code:-

MODULE ORDER;

IMPORT
    SYSTEM, TB:= MacToolbox, ME:=MacMemory, TE:=MacText, IM:=MacImaging,
MF:=MacFiles, MP:=MacProcesses, MT:=MacMoreToolbox, MO:=MacOSUtils;

(* LOTS OMITTED *)

   gotEvent:=TB.WaitNextEvent(TB.everyEvent, event, 0, NIL);
   CASE  event.what OF
   |TB.updateEvt:
   MT.SysBeep(1);
                  thiswindow:=SYSTEM.VAL(TB.WindowPtr, event.message);
                  IF thiswindow#NIL THEN
                      TB.BeginUpdate(thiswindow);

(*PUT IT IN LATER*)

                      TB.EndUpdate(thiswindow)
      END; (* IF window # NIL *)
(* REST OF THE CASE STATEMENT FOLLOWS *)

The program never goes into the updateEvt path, as demonstrated by the
unused Sysbeep statement.  My suspicion is that there may be a problem
with importing constants, since I had a similar problem when I kept my own
constants in a separate module.  On the other hand, the TB.mouseDown case
is handled fine.  I tried replacing the TB.updateEvt identifier with a
literal value (6), but to no avail.  Can anyone suggest a cure, or just
something to try?

TIA

Dave Spacey

--
Don't underestimate the abacus......it requires no power, can be made with any materials you have to hand, and never goes bing in the middle of an important piece of work.   (Many thanks to Douglas Adams.)

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems, problems, problems

2. Eiffel Problems, Problems, Problems

3. Finn Idiom problems and Re: {rho} problem

4. Combinatorial Problem [ & a new Combinatorial Problem ]

5. Database problem/Memory problem??

6. CW 2003 - Focus problem & a select problem

7. 32bit problem - one problem solved & another found

8. GForth problem or my problem?

9. REXX DLL problems solved (was Re: Problems getting C subcommand to work)

10. HTTP-Access2 problem (was Ruby Google problem)

11. Problem with this excercise problem.

12. RSX problems and texture problems