Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Author Message
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
information, please see:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

-Greg Morrisett

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

>A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
>this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
>information, please see:

>    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Dang, you guys managed to choose the single worst 3-day
span that was possible for my schedule.

Dan.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:45:15 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Folks,

Under BlackBox it is possible to link modules together to make
a single .exe file.  The contest mentioned below wants such
a file that runs under

200MHz Pentium II with 64MB RAM running Red Hat Linux version 6.2

BlackBox does not run under Linux hence V4, S3, or Linz version
is needed which is capable of generating a .exe file.  Do any
of these do this?

(On a quick scan, I have not found anything in the documentation that
says this is possible).

-Doug

Quote:

--
Douglas G. Danforth, Ph.D. - Research Scientist
QuikCAT.com   6700 Beta Drive,  Suite 200,  Mayfield Village,  OH 44143-2335

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Hello!

Quote:

>>A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
>>this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
>>information, please see:
>>    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/
>Dang, you guys managed to choose the single worst 3-day
>span that was possible for my schedule.

Me too.

Last year, I could only do the quick thing (one day), but that failed
because I had no compiler generating i386/Linux static binaries
(OpenBSD/i386 would have worked incl. static) and couldn't setup
one in the given time (not even the regular time).

This year, I'm away from in a few minutes till one week later.

Too bad... Especially after two years ago, my entry did perform
quite well even if I didn't spend too much time on it and it
wasn't *too* sophisticated.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
world :-)

For more info, see:  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

-Greg Morrisett

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

> The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
> a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
> skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
> world :-)

One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

-kzm

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:28:14 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> For more info, see:  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE

http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> Folks,

> Under BlackBox it is possible to link modules together to make
> a single .exe file.  The contest mentioned below wants such
> a file that runs under

> 200MHz Pentium II with 64MB RAM running Red Hat Linux version 6.2

> BlackBox does not run under Linux hence V4, S3, or Linz version
> is needed which is capable of generating a .exe file.  Do any
> of these do this?

> (On a quick scan, I have not found anything in the documentation that
> says this is possible).

> -Doug

The Windows version of Oberon System 3 includes a PELinker.Tool that
has instructions of creating a standalone executable.  I've not used
the Linux version so I'm not sure if there is an equivilant under
Linux.  The file is in the Win32.Developer.Arc file.  If there is
a Linux version it would probably be in a file called
Linux.Developer.Arc.

Of course we shouldn't forget OOC and Visual Oberon.  That would
probably be my first choice for developing a stand-alone Linux
program in Oberon.

--
Guns don't kill people...bullets do.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

>> The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
>> a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
>> skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
>> world :-)

>One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

Probably because this year's project was too big for a decent 24 hour
implemention? (Just my guess...)

--

http/ftp: dvdeug.net.dhis.org
It was starting to rain on the night that they cried forever,

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

No good reason.

-Greg

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Yes, the Cornell web site for the contest (http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp)
has been flaky due to a bad switch.  It's been going up and down.  We've
got a psuedo mirror going at Bell Labs:

  http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/jhr/icfp

in case you can't get to the Cornell web site.

-Greg

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 17 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

2. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

3. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

4. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

5. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

6. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

7. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

8. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

9. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

10. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

11. Contest Registration (was: Re: ICFP Programming Contest (ii))

12. ICFP Programming Contest (i)