Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2
Author Message
 Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2

Does anyone know of a book/web tutorial explaining how to create
buttons with the windows version of Oberon-2 ?

TIA

Craig

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a book/web tutorial explaining how to create
>buttons with the windows version of Oberon-2 ?

>TIA

>Craig

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Or for that matter, when creating a button with the gadgets tools, how does one
make the button itself have a different label than "button?"

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2

Quote:

> Or for that matter, when creating a button with the gadgets tools, how does one
> make the button itself have a different label than "button?"

Select the button with the right mouse button, execute Columbus.Inspect ~ to
open the inspector, modify the "Caption" attribute, and Apply the change.

More information in "The Oberon Companion" by Fischer and Marais, also available
in the documentation package of the ETH Oberon releases.

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Institute for Computer Systems, ETH Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/

Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2

Quote:

>> Or for that matter, when creating a button with the gadgets tools, how does one
>> make the button itself have a different label than "button?"

>Select the button with the right mouse button, execute Columbus.Inspect ~ to
>open the inspector, modify the "Caption" attribute, and Apply the change.

>More information in "The Oberon Companion" by Fischer and Marais, also available
>in the documentation package of the ETH Oberon releases.

>-- Pieter

>--
>Pieter Muller, Institute for Computer Systems, ETH Zurich
>Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/

That helped me figure out how to get at the code, and more importantly at
example code to figure some other things out, kinda VB like. Thanks....

Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2

Quote:

> Does anyone know of a book/web tutorial explaining how to create
> buttons with the windows version of Oberon-2 ?

> TIA

> Craig

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

POW uses resource files to create buttons, just like C or C++.
There is at least one example that comes with POW for doing this.
The early version of POW used a text-based resource file, but now
it seems to use a complied resource file.  You may try downloading
LCC which, as I recall, includes a resource compiler.

At one point POW was released with a library called "Opal++" which
was an upgrade of the Opal library but had a more "document" style
user interface (just like V4, System 3 and BlackBox).  However that
was released with the 16 bit version of POW and for some reason the
32 bit Opal++ has never been released.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2

Quote:

> The early version of POW used a text-based resource file, but now
> it seems to use a complied resource file.  You may try downloading
> LCC which, as I recall, includes a resource compiler.

That interests me too. What is LCC, where can it be downloded from?

--
Frank Hrebabetzky           Tel.: +55/48/239-2033
Fundacao CERTI              Fax:  +55/48/239-2009

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating Buttons in POW Oberon-2

Quote:

> That interests me too. What is LCC, where can it be downloded from?

LCC is a free C compiler.  You can download the windows version at :

http://www.*-*-*.com/ .{*filter*}ia.edu/~lcc-win32/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Pow! oberon-2 compiler with another program

2. POW-C-Oberon

3. Wirth's Oberon-0 Compiler for Pow!

4. POW! Great for Oberon beginners

5. POW - Programmers Oberon Workbench

6. Oberon buttons disappear

7. brand of 3-button mouse for Mac Oberon

8. Why 3 button mice in Oberon?

9. Why 3 button mice in Oberon?

10. Button, Button, who's got the Button?

11. Creating a directory with Oberon/F

12. Creating Stand Alone Applications With Oberon-2