Mouse Problems on Native Oberon
Author Message
 Mouse Problems on Native Oberon

Hi !

I have tried to install Native Oberon (V. 2.3.6) onto an old Pentium 100.

Unfortunatly I was not able to install it, because on the screen were
the mouse is to be configured, the computer hangs.

Well -- it is not a real hang, but it seems that Oberon accidently thinks
my old keyboard port is an PS/2 Mouse port. This leads to the problem that
my keyboard gets locked up. And without a keyboard I can not tell Oberon to
switch to a serial mouse.

Now, as I have a slow link at home, I would like to know if this has been
fixed in an current oberon release.

MfG,
Bernd Schoeller

--
[ BERND SCHOELLER                    The Net interprets censorship as damage, ]

[ http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~schoelle                        - John Gilmour ]

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Mouse Problems on Native Oberon

Quote:

> I have tried to install Native Oberon (V. 2.3.6) onto an old Pentium 100.

> Unfortunatly I was not able to install it, because on the screen were
> the mouse is to be configured, the computer hangs.

We've seen this problem on some systems, but haven't found a solution yet.

There is a workaround in the newest beta version, if you have a serial mouse.
Hold down shift during booting of Oberon-0, and enter "PS2=0" at the OBL>
prompt.  Then enter "c" to continue booting.

The beta is available at:
  ftp://ftp.inf.ethz.ch/pub/ETHOberon/Native/Update/Beta/

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Institute for Computer Systems, ETH Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mouse hangs after booting Native Oberon

2. Oberon System 3 / Native Oberon projects

3. inquiry about Visual Oberon/PC Native Oberon System 3

4. Native Oberon: Getting DOS based installation out of Oberon-0

5. Oberon-2 in Native Oberon System 3

6. POLL: Interest in PC Oberon (Native Oberon)

7. Re.Native Oberon Sys 3 pop3 problem

8. Native Oberon Sys 3 pop3 problem

9. Problem with ETH Native Oberon System 3

10. Problem when installing Native Oberon System 3

11. HP500 Problem - Bug in PC Native Oberon 2.2 ?

12. Native Oberon Win2k co-habitation problem