mail panel in system 3 for windows
Author Message
 mail panel in system 3 for windows

Does anyone know how to use the mail panel in system 3 for windows?
According to the documentation, the set user button is supposed to
allow you to set your user name and password, but I can only set
user name, by clicking on the button, typing user name, and then
return.  I'd like to use email and the news reader, so any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
-Greg Haynes

Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 mail panel in system 3 for windows

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to use the mail panel in system 3 for windows?

You may have noticed some earlier articles that
I mailed and posted from System 3 for windows :-)

To use mail, execute the SetUser command, then
type your name/password, e.g.
mcintosh/secret

Also, be sure to set the smtp and pop ports to something other than
lillian.

Store the panel when it is set up...

(I wonder why they don't distribute it with the user set to naive/guest
and the full dns name.  At least they would see where all it's being
used... )

As for the news reader, there is some place or other that the
server has to be set.  This is covered in the opening viewer, and I don't
remember here at work.  None of the servers I use require a password,
so I do not know if that part works.

-Aubrey McIntosh
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mcintosh/index.html
"I'll bet with my net I can get those things yet!"
   - Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat
--
-Aubrey McIntosh
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mcintosh/index.html
"I'll bet with my net I can get those things yet!"
   - Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat

Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. mail panel in system 3 for windows

2. e-mail on Oberon System 3 for Windows (4/28/96)

3. [Fwd: Mail System Error - Returned Mail]

4. a little mail panel help?

5. Creating Control Panels or System Extensions?

6. Can I use ActiveX to embed a front-panel inside another front-panel

7. MS-Mail / Internet Mail / CC-Mail

8. Change e-mail / Cambio de e-mail / Changement d'e-mail

9. Tab Panel bug with Drawer Window

10. Scroll Bars On Region or Panel Within a Window

11. Rezize panel window

12. diagram/front panel windows disappear