Bingo MacOberon !
Author Message
 Bingo MacOberon !

Hi everyone!

It is my pleasure to congratulate M.Franz for his new Mac Oberon
implementation. I am truly impressed.

One thing that I found particularly pleasing is that it could flawlessly
print my research paper, which I originally prepared under DEC Oberon.
There it caused some problems, but these were very kindly remedied by
J.Supcik with the new version of the Printer module, now on neptune
in a separate archive (DECstation/Printer.tar.Z). The same problems
reappeared under the current WinOberon version and the remedy has not
been found yet. I was thinking of converting my paper to MS Word, a true
defeat for an Oberon enthusiast. Fortunately a friend of mine kindly
agreed to install MacOberon on his Mac LC II machine. I transferred
my original DEC .Text file to the Mac and bingo ! it was there, elements
and everything. What is important for me, also the printout was excellent,
unlike the WinOberon which is still producing a garbled hardcopy.

The only thing that is missing is a Greek font family, which I am using
in some mathematical formulas. Could please MF be so kind to include Greek
in his next MacOberon release ?

I want to congratulate M.Franz for this impressive V4 release.

Wojtek

Sat, 24 May 1997 09:48:05 GMT

1. bingo!

2. TDD and MacOberon

3. New MacOberon 2.32 beta posted

4. MacOberon people: how exploit vector processing of G4 (3x Pentium III/600)

5. MacOberon people: how exploit vector processing of G4 (3x Pentium III/600)

6. MacOberon System 3 Release 2.3

7. MacOberon R3

8. Kensington Thinking Mouse works for MacOberon

9. Any MacOberon user on the world...

10. HD partitions in MacOberon S3

11. Accessing DOS disks with MacOberon

12. Weird problem with MacOberon