Another low level question & about an old book
Author Message
 Another low level question & about an old book

Having only recently learned how to conduct object orientated
programming, I wonder how this defeats code layering.  To use the common
example, if I have Shapes with the basic procedure Draw, then I extend
that object into ThreeDShapes and the first thing that ThreeDShapes.Draw
does is Shapes.Draw^, isn't this an extra procedure call, and therefore
layering?  Please forgive and correct syntax errors as you try to educate
me.

Would you all say that _Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs_ is worth
aquiring or not?  The most recent edition I could find used Modula, so I
wonder if the material in the book is a little dated and I'd be better off
sticking with the current Oberon books.

Thanks on both counts,
Mick Powers
Catonsville Community College          www.cat.cc.md.us/~mpowers

Mon, 29 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Really Low Low Low Level Stuff.

2. Eiffel Needs Low Level Book

3. books dealing with low level I/Os?

4. Book recommendation (advanced, low-level network programming)

5. LOW-LEVEL PROGRAMMING BOOKS!

6. Book on low level program optimization

7. High Level ASM and Low Level ASM

8. low level question

9. Low-level non VISA serial communication question: LV5.1 NT4.0

10. Low level question

11. Low level question again...

12. Low level file I/O question