where can I get an oberon linker?
Author Message
 where can I get an oberon linker?

I have just downloaded the oberon system and language from oak.oakland.edu.
I seem to have it running on my ms-dos 386, but I don't have a linker.
Does anyone know where I can get an ms-dos linker for oberon so that I can
run some of these programs?

Also, where can I find good references to the language and the oberon
environment?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

        Ken Thompson was once asked what he would do differently if he were to
        redesign the UNIX system.  His reply:
        "I'd spell creat with an e."

Thu, 30 May 1996 15:34:11 GMT
 where can I get an oberon linker?

: I have just downloaded the oberon system and language from oak.oakland.edu.
: I seem to have it running on my ms-dos 386, but I don't have a linker.
: Does anyone know where I can get an ms-dos linker for oberon so that I can
: run some of these programs?

Oberon does not need a linker. The Oberon system loads and links
the *.Obj on demand ie. when the modules are used.

: Also, where can I find good references to the language and the oberon
: environment?

A list of oberon books can be found in the FAQ for comp.lang.oberon.
The FAQ itself can be found on rtfm.mit.edu.

The Oberon/Docu directory on neptune.inf.ethz.ch has a number
of articles on Oberon including a guide to System 1.2. The
current version is System 4.0, but little has changed between
versions.

Hope this helps.

Whitney

Fri, 31 May 1996 09:33:32 GMT

1. Native Oberon: Getting DOS based installation out of Oberon-0

2. Win - Oberon/F V1.1 Linker problems

3. Does Oberon for Windows have a linker?

4. Turbo Linker emulating Microsoft Linker

5. Turbo Linker emulating Microsoft linker

6. Getting FPU emulator for Oberon on Mac ?

7. Getting Oberon

8. CA Cans VO ?

9. It's not bad canned meat...

10. It's not bad canned meat...