Oberon FTP
Author Message
 Oberon FTP

Can anyone give me the address I can FTP to to get an Oberon compiler? Is it    available via anonymous FTP? If you can help I would be eternally grateful.
 Wow, Oberon looks incredibly Pascaline (surprise surprise!) But then, why s{*filter*}good syntax? Is Oberon a "pure" OOP lang. It doesn't make sense that this small file should take sooo long to create. I would like to find the programmer       behind the "vi editor" and whip him for several hours. Anyway please respond by email to :  is

Sat, 17 Feb 1996 09:39:15 GMT
 Oberon FTP

Quote:
> Can anyone give me the address I can FTP to to get an Oberon
> compiler? Is it    available via anonymous FTP? If you can
> help I would be eternally grateful.

        neptune.inf.ethz.ch:/Oberon and
gatekeeper.dec.com:/pub/plan/Oberon have freeware
implementations of the Oberon system (Oberon compiler included).

Quote:
> Wow, Oberon looks incredibly pascaline (surprise surprise!)
> But then, why s{*filter*}good syntax? Is Oberon a "pure" OOP lang.

        No.  In fact, the programming language Oberon is
minimalistic in its OO features.  Record types may be
"extended" or inherited, but methods are Modula-2's good old
fashioned procedure variables.
        The language Oberon-2 has "type-bound procedures" or
virtual methods.
        For more info, the new Oberon FAQ list will be out soon.

Quote:
> It doesn't make sense that this small file should take sooo
> long to create. I would like to find the programmer
> behind the "vi editor" and whip him for several hours.

        Get used to it.

--

"TV Guide's not safe anymore."

Sat, 17 Feb 1996 14:48:17 GMT

1. Oberon ftp collection

2. Wanted: addresses of Oberon ftp sites

3. Oberon ftp server

4. Squeak FTP site established: ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak

5. My ftp site (ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper)

6. Reference card Oberon 4 at Linz FTP

7. New stuff in /pub/Oberon/Tools on ftp.inf.ethz.ch

8. FTP for Oberon source?

9. Oberon archive on ftp:wuarchive.wustl.edu

10. Extacy portable Oberon-2 and Modula-2 compiler demo is available on ftp

11. Extacy Oberon-2/Modula-2 available on ftp

12. Extacy Oberon-2/Modula-2 available on ftp