Desktop-Problems : Mousecoordinates within picture
Author Message
 Desktop-Problems : Mousecoordinates within picture

I'm just reposting my problem because it disappeared from the newsgroup =

and I didn=8Ct get any answer so far: =

The following excerpt of a Frame-Handler for the Oberon.InputMsg works
well as long the frames are opened in the two-track-view. But as soon as  =

the Rembrandt-Document which covers the picture is opened on a desktop, =

the returned coordinates x,y within the picture become wrong:
=2E..
Frame =3D POINTER TO FrameDesc;
FrameDesc =3D RECORD ( Rembrandt.FrameDesc )
                                                                some own exported record elements* : INTEGER;
                                        END;
=2E..

PROCEDURE FrameInput ( F : Frame; VAR M : Oberon.InputMsg );
VAR x,y : INTEGER;
=2E..
        Rembrandt.ScreentoPict ( F, F.X, F.Y, M.X, M.Y, x, y );
=2E..

Where is the difference between the two-track-view and an Oberon =

Desktop? Does anybody know the right statement-sequence? By the way the =

picture is sometimes zoomed with the "+"-button of Rembrandt-Documents =

and that causes no problems in the two-track-view at all.

()()()()  Abteilung Didaktik der Physik   ()()()()()()()()()()()
        =

                    Institut fuer Theoretische Festkoerperphysik
                    Universitaet Karlsruhe       76128 Karlsruhe
            voice:  ##49-721-608-3592/3360
              fax:  ##49-721-698150
             =

()()()()   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~didaktik/   ()()()

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Desktop-Problems : Mousecoordinates within picture

> The following excerpt of a Frame-Handler for the Oberon.InputMsg works
> well as long the frames are opened in the two-track-view. But as soon as
> the Rembrandt-Document which covers the picture is opened on a desktop,
> the returned coordinates x,y within the picture become wrong:
> Frame = POINTER TO FrameDesc;
> FrameDesc = RECORD ( Rembrandt.FrameDesc )
>   some own exported record elements* : INTEGER;
> END;

> PROCEDURE FrameInput ( F : Frame; VAR M : Oberon.InputMsg );
> VAR x,y : INTEGER;
>   Rembrandt.ScreentoPict ( F, F.X, F.Y, M.X, M.Y, x, y );

> Where is the difference between the two-track-view and an Oberon
> Desktop? Does anybody know the right statement-sequence? By the way the
> picture is sometimes zoomed with the "+"-button of Rembrandt-Documents
> and that causes no problems in the two-track-view at all.

There is no difference between the tiled and the overlaped desktop.
The problem is, that this procedure expects the frame's absolute screen
coords.

This call should produce the right result:
  Rembrandt.ScreentoPict(F, M.x + F.X, M.y + F.Y, M.X, M.Y, x, y)
                            ---------  ---------

--

 Vogelsang 7            | http:   http://www-cs.inf.ethz.ch/~saladin
 CH-8180 B"ulach   | phone:  +41-1-860 14 29

Mon, 05 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with picture (256 color) on desktop with colorsettings 256 colors

2. Picture within a Picture Fade

3. setting desktop picture from canvas?

4. Getting mouse-coordinates within a picture

5. Setting the Mousecoordinates with tk - possible ??????

6. Folder / Desktop Icon layout -- serious problem

7. X-Windows Virtual Desktop problem in VisualWorks 1.0rA

8. Remote Desktop problems with WinXP

9. Problem with the resizing the desktop area

10. Tk window position with a virtual desktop: problems

11. Q: VW/OS2 Cconnect problem - hangs desktop

12. Pictures and Picture Links in EditFields