Oberon Compiler for DOS
Author Message
 Oberon Compiler for DOS

Are there any compilers there for running on, and compiling to a DOS
machines?  Something that would support greater than 640Kb.  There
used to be some products out that would do this, but they seem to be
off the market now?  Are there any free versions?  The idea is to
produce standalone EXE files and not to have the environment with
the generated code.

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon Compiler for DOS

Quote:

> Are there any compilers there for running on, and compiling to a DOS
> machines?  Something that would support greater than 640Kb.  There
> used to be some products out that would do this, but they seem to be
> off the market now?  Are there any free versions?  The idea is to
> produce standalone EXE files and not to have the environment with
> the generated code.

Guenter Dotzel's ModulaWare compilers produce old-style DOS
executables.

If you don't really need to have executables, my old systems run under
a DMPI extender under DOS.  They're still free, and if you are so
inclined, I can show you how to make them run as if they were a
standalone executable (that's how I use the system now on NT).

Taylor "Who the hell is this guy?" Hutt
No longer working at Borland....

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Oberon Compiler for DOS

Quote:

> Are there any compilers there for running on, and compiling to a DOS
> machines?  Something that would support greater than 640Kb.  There
> used to be some products out that would do this, but they seem to be
> off the market now?  Are there any free versions?  The idea is to
> produce standalone EXE files and not to have the environment with
> the generated code.

You might have a look at Guy Laden's pages, notably the one on
compilers:
   http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~guy/Oberon/compilers.html

Hans Klaver

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VENDOR: Oberon Compiler for DOS Update

2. VENDOR: Shareware Update - Oberon Compiler for DOS

3. VENDOR:Oberon Compiler for DOS Update

4. Oberon Compiler for DOS Updated Version

5. Shareware Oberon Compiler for DOS

6. Oberon Compiler For DOS

7. DOS (386+) Oberon compiler?

8. Oberon compiler for Windows95/DOS

9. Need Source for DOS Oberon Compiler

10. XDS native code Modula/Oberon compilers: DEMO is available for MS-DOS

11. XDS native code Modula/Oberon compilers: DEMO is available for MS-DOS

12. Re^2: MS-DOS Oberon Compiler